Friday, May 15, 2015

Through The Fence

Early this morning as I turned on the news...There it was..

BB King peacefully died in his sleep at 89.  


Two things went through my mind.  First, I've admired him since the day my parents took us to a "Blue's Festival of Cal State Long Beach" back in 1985. The first of a few hosted there.  Second, the world just lost one of the best blues jammers ever. Back when my parents packed the most yummiest lunches, laid out a huge blanket, and danced the day away.  My sister and I, the restless teens took off through the crowds to check things out. As the music blared on, and the crowd became more full of zest, this fine man stepped from the stage.  It was BB King.  As he walked down to the side area, he walked right up to Tina and I, and through the chain linked fence, shook our little hands. Through the fence, he gave love.  I remember being in awe.  Simply because my Dad would always jam to his tunes. The famous guitars he'd always name "Lucille"- Every single one of them.

It was he that made my love for blues blossom, and still today even more so.  I can sit and listen to blues for hours and hours.  On Saturday and Sunday's they still broadcast "Nothin' but the Blues" from CSLB.  On our local channel 88.1-
Each and every time I would hear him jam, I would think back to that day.  How lucky we were.

His song "The Thrill Is Gone" will always ring true.  BB King, I will forever adore you. I am thankful and lucky enough to have caught you live. There are plenty of people up in the Heavens that are so lucky you've joined them. I hope you jam on man. 

Last night as Kali and I had dinner, she began to tell me of the many friends she'd met this last year at CSUSM.  How some in particular that were exchange students will always hold a place in her heart.  Two of them "Pem" and "Michael" were here from New Zealand.  Michael had such bad homesickness during the first 3-4 months that he'd often cry.  Kali remembers sharing kindness and understanding.  Knowing the feeling, and being just a mere 100 miles from home.
Michael made a video dedicated to his dorm mates-(bro's for life) and to the many friends, Kali included.
Whoa. It was a fast quick video from the day his plane landed here, and the many trips to Hollywood, our local beaches, San Francisco, the deserts, all of our amusement parks.  They'd pack up on a weekday night and just go.  His video was unreal.  Kali said, "Mom, it was so sad to say good-bye"  She told him, "Michael, we'll all see eachother again" and his eyes became sad, as he said, you know Kali I hope we all do reunite again some day, but to keep it real...?  It will be a very long time from now.  If any.

Talk about real stuff.  Life. Friendships. Memories.  Experiences.  I'm glad she had the chance to meet good souls like this.  Saying goodbye is never easy, but I told her, never ever say never.  I wish I could show you the video.  So awesome.

We did find many other awesome ones. These home girls, soon to be future roommates.  All good girls, hardworking, and filled with beauty.  Inside and out.
Pretty sure Kali has black short shorts on. ?? um. I think so. ya.   Headed to a concert-

How about that fierce rain last night kids?  Talk about the sky opening up.

I was in awe....

Big love, and bigger cuddles...

Be safe, and bring your animals in-

PS. My poor parents dog Bella got skunked yesterday.  Boy, I would hate to be in that house today. LOL!
xo

This Mama Lisa

No comments: