Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Purpose Of Life.

You know every now and again I get this writers block. This stigma of staying busy and forgetting, or letting go of the passion and things that bring me happiness.  Writing is one of those things.  It's therapeutic to me, really. 
I wake, read, get ready for work, pack our lunch, give love to my kitties, water plants and flowers, and out the door I go. Day after day after day. And this week has been just like all the others.  Except I know I've neglected to hold my passion, and just write. 

So many times I preach to my kids to chase what they are passionate about.  To love and be loved will be their guiding light.  But most important to try and live life for today. Not getting too caught up in material and living in the fast lane of competition, especially those things related to material.

My first born birdie has such passion for the ocean and will dive in, and or float around, well into the evening hours after work, and every single weekend-

When I hear him share his stories of diving, boating, fishing, and spearing, I see passion.  I see love in his eyes.

He's chasing his purpose.  Which reminds me of this article-

A Good Read-One of my favorite bloggers


Such truth. Such realness. 





As I prepare for a weekend to celebrate the last teen year of my littlest birdie's. She will be squished together with her tribe of girls- I am reminded that she will indeed need constant reminders.  About life.  Most important about love.  Putting those words together and loving life.  And life loving her right back. About the purpose of living.
It's not at all about material.  Or another human doing this for you.  It's more about finding your purpose.

It's being surrounded by those you love. And spreading love and kindness, while she searches for her passion.

I'm constantly reminded of how age creates wisdom.  And wisdom creates patterns.  Patterns create a cycle of reality.  This reality that as we age, we realize how fast our 20's zoomed by, soon 30's zoomed by...and you sit in your mid-40's watching these children evolve into adults.  Chasing what they believe are dreams and passion.  When some how, and soon enough those patterns shift.

Crazy.

I hope you all have a great holiday weekend.  I will be a busy mama as usual.  Planning a nineteenth year of Kali's life. We said it's her last big birthday party for now.  I guess I've realized throughout the years, it's not the material to which we show, it's all the little tid-bits of love we give all year.
And if there is one girl that needs this reminder, it's her.



Happy Memorial Day Weekend.  Remember why we celebrate.  
 
Love, and Peace-
This Mama Lisa

No comments: