Thursday, May 7, 2015

Pack It Back Up

I really didn't think the day would come this soon to pack her dorm back up.

Part of me is excited for her next chapter, yet a part of me feels like a puzzle piece will be missing from this chapter.

They're renting a house for next year....5 girls. One big house. Pray to the cleaning Gods.

From day one, Bill and I really loved her dorm.  The security.  The cleanliness.  A system found that we didn't see at other universities.  Let's just say, "they've been spoiled"-  I mean, private bathrooms, rooms, their own little kitchens...new dorms that are less than two years old.  And so....Not to mention her lights in the bathroom that turn on automatically, I mean, it's real kids.  Automatic lights.  Imagine that. lol

She has finals next week, study groups this week, and a formal tossed into the mix in Palm Springs next.
So....yesterday afternoon was my only time to get out there.
Kris went along to help pack and load-

Down the road in big red we'd go......and the 5fwy through San Juan wasn't a parking lot, which is another miracle in itself-



The silliness started the minute he walked into her room. 

He'd first load, then rummage around her room, putting her glasses and hat on to take selfies.

What you see is a room that probably looks like this most of the time, but she said it's especially messy because she was packing-  and so....



This week has been full.  To the brim.  Each night I collapse into bed thanking my lucky stars that I have an able body and resources to do what I can do.


Monday at Grandma's----

Here's the flowers you sent, Mom and Dad!

Tuesday's amusement. 
A torture chamber of sorts. For having the hair I have, I resent it every single time I walk into the salon.
Although I have to say this trip was extra awesome because although I miss my Esmeralda whom is kicking ass in college, two fine fellers doubled up on my mop-Therefore instead of 4 hours, I was outta there in 2. boom.



And just like that, I have a Grandma that is so much better, grey hairs that are covered, a daughter that was so happy to see her brother and I.  A dorm that is 85% packed, and a busy office which makes for a happy Mama Lisa.

Cheers to good health, happy moments and nice people-


Of the many regrets I have had in my life, I truly have never regretted kindness.  Sharing a smile.
A compliment.
Try it.  Start with a smile.

Big love to you all frands!

This Mama Lisa

"To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness.” ~ Mary Stuart

No comments: