Monday, March 23, 2015

The Good.

My title really wants to be, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly-  BUT....I don't want to sound like a bitch, so I will just put The Good.

Let's start with Friday evening.  Where we made a pizza, slapped it on the bbq, watched an amazing movie titled "Unbroken"-

Deep is the best word to describe it.  ---- I stayed wide awake, and was in complete shock that this shit happens in real life.  The shocker here is I didn't fall asleep-
War is real.  
Thank the Veterans around you. Every chance you get people.

Saturday morning I saturated my soul at an early yoga class.
Ran into my cousin Chris from up north at the car wash.  Sweet surprise that's for sure--
Soon, my niece would join me and we'd walk the beach like nobody's business.  Chattin', laughin, and snoopin on a wedding party getting ready to set up. What that wedding party DIDN'T know was a poor baby dead seal was washed up ashore, and the stench would very soon drift up where the chairs were. woops. ugh
We wrote in the sand, sending best wishes to Miss. Kali. 
Upon our arrival, we see this.  I didn't take Bucks over to the beach because he was just given a good ol' bath.  If you can spot him sitting at the very corner of the floating dock.  Just waitin' on Grammie.

After sending and receiving texts' from Kali about her first time getting ready for her formal--without mama-no big.deal.
I realized she was just fine without me.  So my secret plan to drive out and assist would have been a big fat bomb.  One that would have put myself to shame.  She did just fine. (I spy a super clean kitchen...)


Bill and I worked hard with our bifocals's on trying to figure out what they were drinking.
I came to the conclusion, it was punch.  Yes, punch.  Guarantee no alcohol in there.  At all.  Zip.  Zero.
She did admit that upon boarding their limo bus, most water bottles were confiscated.  Which answered that question. 

Saturday night we were invited over to The Duttons for a little sunset cocktail hour.  I managed to get two pictures of Cindy and I. Those two are in my little camera that I currently cannot locate.  I met a new friend whom does hair.  Hooray for that. Hooray for Holly.  Arriving at a party where we really knew like 2 people, and landing a new found friendship with a hottie who does hair, hooray for me.  Although I love my hairdresser, her time is coming to a close.  She's interning for Social Work, therefore, I can smell a shift in change.  So....pray for me while I embark on a new hairdresser.  JK.  That sounds so stupid. haha

We wake early Sunday morning to a text from our littlest.  It said, MOM, I WON-!

Bill and I were like...Won!?  Won, what?
So in each category in a sorority, which is like high school, they have- Freshman, Soph, Jr, and Seniors...you get the idea.  She won Princess for Freshman-
Not bad to be picked out of 75 girls.  She didn't expect this, and neither did we.  First of all, we are truly learning as we go with it all, so.
To say we were and are excited and happy for her is an understatement.
She called me yesterday morning filling me in with all the deets, and as I relayed the chain of events to Bill, I choked up and started to cry. Not because we already know I am a sap.  But because I truly believe she deserves this.  She's a good girl. A strong soul.  And a true person.  She was so fretful going to this event without Gianni this year.  She's had many little hurdles with this transition.  This just made it all worth the courage...

She said as they called her name out, and she walked up to the podium, she was shaking so bad.

I can only imagine Kali.  We are so proud of you.  You make this world a better place, that's for sure.


Go get em. And take down what was once your biggest hill to climb.

So the ugly, not so bad, but the ugly-

Sunday morning, after I watched "Sunday Morning"- I had just finished my first cup of coffee,
Bill walks out of the bedroom and said "hun, can I buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks"-
I immediately said "what's goin on, and why would you ask, because I know there is something under lying with this"-  He said "well, the HB Harbour Car Club is meeting there, and I thought maybe we can cruise over in the 52 and you can meet some of the members" and on and on he went....which I didn't listen to the last part because I instantly turned into a cold hearted b word and was pissed.

Sounds caddy I know, but if there's one thing I despise doing, is trying to rub noses, shoulders, boobs, legs or whatever you want to call it with Ferrari, Lambo, Rolls type of people.  People that have an endless amount of money are generally nice people, but there's always an awkward phony stance to it all.
To say that I would openly WANT to spend my Sunday morning chatting like a phony feller with anyone is way beyond my almost 45 year old desires.  I obliged and got myself ready.  Putting make-up on before 9 on a Sunday, curling my hair and motha'f'n him the entire time in the mirror.  STEAMING mad like a little kid.

We'd hop in the car, and arrive to the jolliest feller named Bob.  Bob introduced us to what I thought was perhaps maybe his granddaughter, or if not definitely his daughter, but soon found it's "his girl"-
His girl was quite the nice girl, just living in a big bubble, and very happy in that said bubble.  Soon, she'd quickly make her way over and slap a name badge sticker on my shirt. The whole time in the back of my head thinking what in the fuck am I standing here doing right now at 9am On. A. Sunday. B word, B word, B word.

Bill knew the vibe on my phony face was beyond what he so kindly asked me to do. He actually didn't really even want to look at me, and I can't say I blame him.
After taking pride in myself for pretending to admire bright yellow corvette's, ferrari's and other cars of the like, we were off.  (please forgive me all you fancy car lovers- I am a classic hot rod type of girl-Ferrari's and the like just don't make sense to me in our city where you will find 3 stop lights for every mile)

To breakfast we arrive.  I devoured it like a dog with a steak.

After breakfast "I" decided it would be in our best interest to mosey over to HB Pier and check out the hot rods that we heard were there from the day before.  He was surprised of my offering and down PCH we'd go.  I mean, let's make the best of having make-up on, hair curled, and fancy purse packed at 10am.
Make sense to you? Good. Me too.

Until....


I hear this slight pop and phhhhhhsshhhhhhh(that's what it sounds like when a radiator hose blows off and green stuff is spraying every where inside) and we pullover to this side street next to 7Eleven.  Keeping things calm and trying not to wake the lioness in the car because he knows how scared I get when we break down.  His words of "oh, it's fine honey, it's just a hose we'll be back up and outta here in minutes"  As steam is finally settling down....(and in my head, this thing might blowup HA)

Long story short, we headed home.  Parked this beauty and I took up his offer of a nice lunch at Yard House.

As we arrive there-in my car- it's packed to the rim.  But we'd rally for a spot at the bar. Guinness for me, margarita for him.

On a walk back from the bathroom I'd drop my phone, shattering the screen in a million little shards of glass.


Lesson learnedKarma is a bitch if you are.


Hope your weekend was awesome.  Mine was good, bad and ugly------

Cheers to our Miss Alpha Kappa Kali-  Cheers to Kris for making it home and having a blast of a weekend.  And cheers to Bill for putting on his bitch Armour.

I did mention to him that I am happier by flowers, water, sand and the big ocean opposed to concrete, Ferrari's and Corvette's. I know the need to drum up business, but those fancy car clubs and sticker name badges on a Sunday morning will require a little more planning and mimosa's for this chick.
Sorry not sorry.  As I age, I tend to tell it like it is, and just what I feel.

Life's wayyyy too short.  Can I get an amen?

AMEN.


Big Love, and happy thoughts your way-

Time to upgrade to a different phone! ew.

This Mama Lisa


No comments: