Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Meanwhile.

Hey there kids.

Ya, I know- I was in hiding yesterday.  And while you think I was out causing a raucus, I wasn't.  I was at the docta's having my boobies squished.  There was blood work thrown in the mix too. So how's that Monday for you- Blood and boobies.  Getting squished. Sexy. haha.
And I ain't got much to squish...so....

I also had an ultrasound on my heart.  Seems the beat gets thrown off a tad bit at times.  So it's probably a really good idea to keep an eye on that too.

The hardest part of my day, to keep it real, was doing blood work.  I'm THAT girl.  THAT girl that sits down and looks in the eye of the blood sucker, and proclaims "I'm so sorry, but I'm super scared"-  They usually chuckle a little, and before you know it, I'm outta there, with clammy hands, and a super smile as I EXIT. 

But life wasn't all that bad, my Mom sent me this.

She's gettin' down and dirty with the whole sending pictures thing.  Can I get a Halleluiah---This here kids is my Grandparents. My Grandpa Trabue and Grandma Trabue- They called my Grandpa "Denny" and my Grandma "Bubbles"-
The little lad they're holding is my Dad.

I see my Dad in Denny, and I see Kris too.  So wild how our genes play a beautiful role in this life.
Those eyes on my Grandma?  My sister.  Those big beautiful eyes.
That hair? Well.....mine. 
Before my Grandma's life ended tragically, she was quite the character. A spicy little gal. 
I remember riding in the back of their old pick-up as they drove through a dirt field to the liquor store.
Liquor for them, candy for us.
Nineteen Seventy Something.....

Another slice of love- If you can imagine when it arrived I literally started crying. Not like a tear.  I had a choked up throat, and tears just kept falling. 
Really.
Aunt Susie-Los Angeles Marathon Sunday March 15, 2015

And still, each time I look at this, I can feel a tug at my throat, and eyes get watery.  This needs a frame in my home. 

Friday night we nested up with the six pack in The Reynolds boat, stuffing our mouths with appetizers and good wine. 

Saturday I had breakfast with my little. She came for her phone. She came to take care of some biz, and just like that, she was gone.  We attempted a picture in Seal on Main St. after breakfast but the dude didn't hold the button down long enough. One of those "SHIT" moments, and she wouldn't let me ask for a re-do.  So....


Bill and I hung on the dock while the sun baked down at almost 90 on the water.
Soon, we'd load this dude up-(we doggo-sat for Kris)


And if you wonder if Grampie is a rockstar for making this tent, he is.  Happy Dog, happy Grammie.
Margarita's, my new picnic basket filled with yummies, a happy dog, and sunshine.  Goodness--

The rest of our weekend pretty much looked like this.

Randy and Carmen came over Saturday night for bbq pizza, and wine.

Other than that.  This.


Happy St. Patricks Day!

Be safe, and remember-  You are lucky just to be here.  Some aren't given this far of a chance.

Big love, and sweet blessings your way.

Lisa

No comments: