Friday, March 6, 2015

Round of Applause

We made it.  To the promising day of the week. For some much needed rest and recharge.  I'm sure some of us have bags to pack.  Fields to show up to.  Practice at the wee hours of the morning.  New places to draft directions to.  Ice chests to fill. We have none of that, and even though I miss those days, I look forward to different new chapters now.  Bill and I find ourselves asking with almost lost feelings..."so what's our plans?" I'm excited to drive out to see my littlest.  The drive there is super pretty in one spot.  The road meets the ocean, and the ocean is so big and vast it makes you lose all thoughts for a short while and you just try to stare out into it. 




I decided to finish ALL my laundry last night.  Which meant every straggling sock.  Every rug.  Every sweater that needed to "hang dry", and I even got fancy and hand washed some of my delicates.  And for those that know me well, I don't do any fancy garment that need THAT much attention.  Just ask my kiddo's.  ha.  They were made to do their own laundry at the ripe age of 12.  Or the first time they griped about me screwing something up.  Bill taught me years ago how to fold a t-shirt "the right way"-  Don't get me wrong, they look much better on with those nice folds. But to me, just get that shit done, and let's put it on. ha. jk.

I've had some crazy crazy dreams lately.  Some so twisted, I wonder why the heck our brains, souls, or whatever will allow.  They're the kind that wake you.  One was super scary, and the other was super sad. A part of me wanted to share with Bill, but I decided it was too raw to even describe. ugh.


I'm looking forward to this beautiful day.  Although I still have a desk full and deadlines to figure out. It's Friday.  I notice a happier pep in most people's steps.  So that's always good.  There's a sign that hangs in my house and it's always noteworthy for me to remind myself.

BE THANKFUL ALWAYS-  It's a sign I purchased during Thanksgiving.  I've never put it away.

It's a reminder that greed takes away the peace from the simplest.

Enjoy your Friday evening doing what makes you peaceful.  A simple night. Or a rock steady night - Do what makes your heart full.

PEACE-  "When you find PEACE within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at PEACE with others."

Happy Friday friends.  Go in peace.

Excuse me while I adjust my last rug in the washing machine one more flipping time because that tilt shit sounds like the washer is gonna hop outside. And the gardener next door who is super cool, he just always forgets when he trims ALL those hedges on that side that they fall on my side. Silly dude, let me go unlock my gate for him.  Maybe I should be really full of peace and offer him a cup of coffee while he picks it all up?  Dunnut Dunnut Dunnut- *shark in the water*

Come on baby, it's Friday...ease up rug, ease up leese.

Big Love,

Lisa Lynn

No comments: