Thursday, May 1, 2014

The beautiful lady.


The one that taught us to never leave the house not looking presentable. Mascara a must. Lipstick a bonus.

To serve your lover, and with zest.

To have fun, but to stay out of the sun.  (hard for me, Grandma)

To never walk with bare feet on concrete. Especially around the house.  It's bad for our female insides. :-)
#guilty

To curl up and read a good novel.  Or three.

To love animals, especially kitties.




The one that calls us "Mija" -(Meha) and to my dying day I plan to offer that same term to my daughter, just to carry on that heritage tradition.  I LOVE to hear my Grandma say it to me.

Grandma, she's a beautiful soul.  That birthed 8 children.  6 living.  One tragically put to rest after a horrific car accident. 

Her life has been full of love, faith, lessons, heartache, happiness, good times, and always beauty.

I called her a couple of weeks ago after leaving work, and the conversation went on for over an hour.
Her words have always been the same.  Appreciation for the call.  The love she has for us.  The suggestions for dinners.  The roasts' she makes ever so perfectly.  Only now she cuts corners and just buys one at Costco.  With her fresh vegetables. 

I heard her stories of love, life and more recipes filled with parenting suggestions. Because she has regrets.  She said many times. 

Along with this, she told me she was so proud.  Of me, of my children...and what a great job we've all done.

And for that it makes her proud.  Her days are filled with slower plans.  Her cats are her life, along with her partner.  Whom she adores from head to toe.  He takes good care of her. 

As we closed our call, she said...."Mija...I better go, Gene just got home, and I need to go get my face on and clean up"- 

Which reminded me....... 

I am my Grandmother. Most of the time.


Happy Birthday Grandma.  You beautiful lady you.  I am sure your phone will be filled with lots of love today.

Love,

Your Mija----

Little Lisa

ps. Shari, if you read my blog, Happy Birthday homegirl.  I miss you.  Love you too.

No comments: