Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Happenings.

As we plan to celebrate the eighteenth year of Miss. Kali, there have been several days of just complete busy-ness. I don't know how to explain, other than I believe May and June are just busy months anyway.
To keep it real, it's almost as though some days I want to just plant my chair in the sand, and read a magazine as I hear sea gulls make their way by.  Along with waves crashing, and boats in the distance.

For now, I make arrangements. Many many arrangements. 
Memorial Day birthday celebrations.
Graduation stuff.  Lots of it.
Idea's floating around in my head for her "going away" gathering.
Work flow at work.
Getting her car tuned up before she leaves. 
Finals for her, while I prep her studies and tutoring.
Wanting new Summer clothes for myself, yet that constant financial reminder of other priorities.  No new sandals. Or dresses. Big fat wah.

For now, I pack my birthday stuff, and Mama gear to celebrate such a beautiful soul.  A girl that caused a ruckus as a newborn, and raised hell in the evenings with colic.  She's grown faster than I ever thought would happen.

Pray as we all make our way to the lake.  Together.  Celebrating her life.  Our FREEDOM, and Memorial Day to remember those that have served, will serve.  Along with those that aren't with us anymore. 

Happy Memorial Day weekend kids.  May your days be beautiful and bright.  May your bbq fire right up, and your dishes served be everything you expected. 








The good news is, love will always find a way.

Stay close to those you love, and remember....good times will come faster than the hard times last.



Cheers!  Be safe, and laugh out loud.


Big love,

This Mama Lisa

No comments: