Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The captured ones.



Of our babes.

During the best days of their lives.



I can't stop staring. Embracing this happiness. 
And this doesn't stop here.  I've been purging through pictures.  Boxes and boxes. 
Sitting in the middle of my bed while I build a lake of pictures around me.  Of her.  Of them.  Of this life.
Tossing some in the trash of my past life.  Not anything humanly partial.  But more of odd pictures of farm animals, and preschool outings with my little ones.  Duplicates that I need no more.  And a life as a young Mom, that snapped every.single.thing. my little ones touched.

I have organized.  And it feels good.
Both of my kids have books written to them, from me.  Starting from in my big round belly.
The things I have captured for them was unstoppable.  I mean, I have their first bandaids.  Their first label of baby food.  Notes that I look back on now with sheer amazement.  A full book to my son, that I hope someday he will share with his family.

Notes to Kali, along with a book, that ::cough cough::  might not be as filled as Kris' but still, you get my drift. 
I'm sorting through many things at this point in my life.  I really never knew how fast time would fly with this little girl.  I really didn't.  When I tell my friends and family to soak it all up. Every tantrum.  Bad hair do's that must be re-done because it's just not right...or the socks that "hurt"- Or the seat belt that is making their arms burn.  The bows that didn't match like the one she held in her hand. Or the quick turns they'd make while changing their diapers, sending shit all over their legs. Those nights awake while they just knew something was in their room.
The many times I told her to "take her thumb out" in Kindergarten. ugh.  And First Grade.  And Second.  Ok, I'll stop there.  Aren't her teeth beautiful? 28k dolla's later.  kidding.  Well, kinda.


I realize I am rambling.  But didn't I just blog about these babies?  Oh, that was almost 4 years ago?! oh.


Bill and I have been banned from mentioning cute little stories "when she was little"-

It's affecting us.

Me more.  Him second.

Enjoy this life.  Try and let the little things go.

Go through your old pictures.  Label them.  Smile with them.  Share them.

Don't ever forget to write notes and letters to your children.  Not on social media.  Not on FB. Not on IG.
A handwritten letter, in your writing, with all your love shaped on to that paper.

Do it. They will cherish it forever.

Have a good night my friends.

It's hot, dry, and smokey in Southern California.

Love, and peace to you.

May 1st, how I didn't expect you this soon....


Lisa

No comments: