Monday, May 12, 2014

Raising citizens of humanity.

The middle and end of my week was full.  Full of fun, friendship, love, gathering and good food.
Dan is an old friend that is a new neighbor now.  Fun guy, super cool girl, and they love Captain Jacks = Double WIN!
......If you're wondering...those glasses of wine were for tasting purposes only.  Just sayin' 

Last week closed out kind of weird.   

Bill and I wrestled with words well into the late afternoon and night. Yah, things like this happen.  We'll let's just leave it at that. The ugly duckling of words came out. No one really wins, steam is released, and feelings are hurt. Opinions and expressions become heated. 

Friday night sucked. 

Moving on........and moving forward.  

My weekend was sprinkled with love, laughter, wine, and more love.

Friday was a wash in the washer.  Hope not to rinse and repeat.

Saturday was a day to work around my house.

Giving love to this little munchkin in between.  Here she is getting some love from Marley.  While playing in her litter box.

Marley gave her more love than Bucksie.  Only love in our home.....Bucksie did lot's of cleaning though.  That dude sure knows how to clean those babies....
After shaking hands with Bill, and calling a truce, we'd land here.  Sunset Beach Art Fair. 

Where we purchased him.  
Soon we stepped into Mothers Dive Bar to eat this entire bowl of peanuts.  #yum #donttalkjusteatpeanuts

For the record, spending time with this pack will always pick us up.  Through thick and thin.
Good food, and good wine.  Laughter, and silliness.  It's just what works.

I would post the one picture of us all, but Bill's head looks on fire. Should coulda woulda BUT I WON'T ha!. 
High Five to Mothers Day. Where I woke to many text messages, and a few voice mails.  The 2 that stand out, will forever be from my babes.  The one from my first born.  "Mom, Happy Mothers Day..I love you"- And..."can I take you to lunch"....
Kali's "Mama, Happy Mothers Day!"
So we walked  to Harry's for a nice lunch with an ocean view with Kris.  After walking home with our toes in the sand, we'd land back on the dock, and back in the boat. 
I arrived back home with newly tinted windows on my ride.  And an absolutely adorable necklace....Kali you rock.  Flowers from my favorite florist-  Devynn's Garden.  Bliss.
My sister and niece were with us.  The girls brought us El Pollo Loco, and we dined, chatted, laughed, and went through pictures.  On a blanket, surrounded by my fur babies...
Pictures of this sweet beauty.  Her Senior year.  Prom.  Her boyfriend.  This place.   
Los Angeles Museum of Arts.  In the rose garden.  Just perfection.  
The good news, is not only did the afternoon consist of pictures, silly-ness, and lots of sunshine.
It consisted of being spoiled with words.

From my kiddo's.

This card.  As I read it a lump evolved.
Because when my kids say something of this sort, I know it's from their heart.

The card-

I wouldn't be who I am today without you, Mom.
You raised me to be strong and independent.
You encouraged me to follow my dreams and have always been
an important part of my journey.

You inspired me to live the life I imagined.
A life that's only been possible because of a loving mother like you.

Happy Mothers Day-
Kali's note to me:
This card really sums everything up.  You have have always been there for me and always have my back with anything.  I look up to you so much.  You are so strong and independent and I try to be the best "you" I could be. Thank you for always believing in me Mom.  You always have something positive to say when something isn't always right.  I love you so much Mama.  Love, Kali.


These words?   These words are what make me wake up every day.  They hold me through the hard times, and push back the yucky things and people that walk in front.

They make me a better Mom, and a better person.  They make me proud that I have raised good citizens of humanity. 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Now let's get through this heat wave week mmmkay?

Stay cool kids, and remember your pets are just as important.

xo

This Mama Lisa

Go be good citizens of Humanity.  Be true, especially in what you believe in.



No comments: