Friday, May 2, 2014

When the storms blow in.

And when your girl is frantic about her Prom dress arriving 2 days before Prom. Which as of today as I draft this post, has yet to arrive.  But that's neither here nor there. 

Along with preparing herself for placement testing on the actual day of Prom.  Talk about cray cray.

Not to mention, shoes, accessories, hair appt, makeup..blah blah blah.

It's important, don't get me wrong.  I get it, totally. 

Until this phone call comes in while driving, as I make my way home to grab a change of clothes to head to the game.


I mean, if the tides couldn't push any harder to the opposite side.
So, I packed my little Mama bag, stopped at the store to grab his favorite gum, and snacks for Mama B and Daddy E. We'd all sit here chatting, laughing, reminiscing...and shaking our heads.


And when your team mates show up for support, it says something..

It says, the prom will come and go.

The dress will hopefully make it.

The makeup will still apply evenly and well.

The suit/tux system hopefully works it's way around this deal.

Our baby boy is alive.  He's gonna be fine.  This season has been the least bit good.

It's actually had some shit thrown at it.  So here is the icing of the cake.

Senior year.  3 days before Prom. 

Talk about goin out with a bang. 

Or one big fat -

KaPOWWW!

Happy Friday, you fine people....

Peace, love and lots of hugs...

This Mama Lisa





No comments: