Thursday, May 29, 2014

She is.

A bold, yet soft girl.

She's strong.

She's beautiful.

She's witty, yet tender.

She was born with a full head of black crazy hair.

I  had her fast, and I had her natural.

She cried alot, and she cried fierce.

She wore bows with all of her outfits.  Because she had no choice.

She treated others the way they treated her.  She still does.

She loves animals.  And she loves her family.

She's a true person. Loyal to the core.

She will never falter her word.  What she promises to do, she will.

She's tall, and very strong.

She has the most beautiful eye brows I've seen.

She's close to her Mom, yet can slice through her soul with a tongue that is easily sharpened.  Thank you hormones.

She's worked hard, very hard for where she is, and where she's headed.

She sucked her thumb longer than she'd ever want me to mention.

She's messy, yet surprisingly sweet in cleaning for me when I am overwhelmed.

She loves candles, and she loves all things cozy.

She's loyal to her friends, and especially to her boyfriend.

She doesn't cry, but when she does, watch the hell out.

She laughs with me over crazy awkward things.  A look across the room at eachother can change everything.

I am so happy to call her mine.

Kali, you make Dad and I extremely proud.  I know you don't like for us to bring up baby things, or little girl things, but just the other day we saw a picture of you while Dad made that slide show, and our eyes met with amazement.  I mean, really....where did the days go?  The book in this life flying by.
Part of us wants to slow the clock down to hold you again.  Or watch you from the side lines.  To watch you run into the waves, or jump from the boat.  Yet, the other part of us is standing back.  Cheering you on for the next chapters.  For your next endeavors.  For your young adult hood.  Watching you figure it out.  Rooting, and guiding you as you do. 


Happy Sweet Birthday my beautiful girl.  We love you.  More than you will probably ever know.
Until you are a Mama. 

Good things to come....

Peace and love to you all.  Kiss the sweet little cheeks of your babies, because soon, those kisses turn into hugs. Standing face to face.  All too fast. 


xoxo

Proud Mama Lisa

No comments: