Monday, May 5, 2014

And just like that.

Saturday morning came rolling along just like we thought.  Fast.

Testing at CSLB for Kali.  Up at 5am to prep her breakfast, and sip coffee in silence. Praying she would do well.

Soon entered into the kitchen was a bright eyed beautiful chapter almost eighteen girl. A smile of which I knew seemed okay.  I began to hear cars coming up to my stop sign over and over again.
We'd land in the car to make our way to test, and I'd see signs "Neighborhood Yard Sale"- 
Pure bliss rolled across me.  Because, I knew.

I knew this day filled with prom anxiousness would soon be filled with a stroll, some treasures, and sunshine as I walked street to street, alone.  And pure bliss it was.  I am the proud owner of an amazing picture that reads "LOVE EACH OTHER"- 3.bucks-  hand painted by a beautiful mama and soul as she sat on her steps proclaiming her art.  I made sure she knew it would go to a good home.  My other find, was a mug.  A cute mug for 50 cents.

Sooner than later I picked up Kali with a homemade salad, and ice water.  Arriving to her first appt. almost 30 minutes early.

After hair, we'd breeze over to makeup.  Both went quick, and well. 
As we drove back home we laughed out loud at how easy the afternoon was rolling out.
Although I was told multiple times I can't drive.  And "like" a super lagger when it comes to leaving our house.  And "like" my music is weird.  And "like" many other little sassy moments.  I just smile.  Most always a smile.  Sometimes a hard chuckle.  Because we all know...these days will pass.  Someday she will hopefully be a Mama and remember just how patience and kind I was.
Spotting her love. 
Her love with a very well tucked away cast. 
Bill has asked me what I want for Mothers Day.  If you read this far sweet sugar, I want a new lens for my Canon.  




Senior Year Prom 2014


Tick. Tock. Slow down that clock. ha.
His gorgeous sister.  I need that hat. 



 





Best Friends.

Kali asked that we iron the dress that arrived in a bag, on our doorstep 2 days before Prom.  I chuckled.  "Kali, do you seriously think I can iron that"- HAHA!  Not this Mama.



Ready for the night!










Meet the future San Marcos Cougars!  Kali's soon to be room-mate(s)







It's obvious I need a new lens.  Smaller than my last present, yet bigger than the one that died.  Canon, how I miss you. 







Kelly and Mama.

So proud.

I mean. Seriously. 
Of his girl....

Me too. 

Our host and hostess this year, The Thompson's. How cute is this?! 
As they stroll in, it simply washes over me how fast these years blew by.  
Years so fast, you often wonder if these days have really set in on them.  
 It's not until they are Mama's and Papa's.



YUM!

Maria and I stopped in for some snapparazzi moments.  Well, I did.  Soon, we'd have serving tongs in our hands.  No big deal.  We whipped that teriyaki beef and chicken right down on those plates...
Grabbed a couple of shots...



Before, boom.  Landing here.  Our little original group of helping mama's.  At Mahe's where we dined on yummy food, sipped cocktails, talked, laughed, teared up a little, and laughed some more. 
 BBQ Pineapple? Yes.  Please.
My one and only request was to sleep in on Sunday.  Sleeping in to Bill and I, is 8.  Maybe 9.  We stayed in bed watching movies (Captain Phillips-GOOD) until almost noon.  Total sweet glory.   Soon, we'd pack our picnic and hit the water. 


With our grand-doggo.  Twas' quite the beautiful day.....


Prom was a success.  Their after party went on until the next day.  Talk about HERO parents that host THAT.  Kali said she did a superb job at setting that up.  As you walked in the door, a basket sat right in the middle, with..."KEYS"-  A sleep over, and moments to party on...together.  Seniors.  Good kids, fun moments.  A huge shout out to Brandy (Gio's mama) that scooped those little party animals up at THREE in the morning....as I slept in slumber land.  You are a rockstar Mama B.  Yes, you are.  boom.  
If you have not been, please do yourself a favor, and go.  Whomever planned this Prom's venue, is simply bad ass.  It's a beautiful place.  Filled with amazing history. 

This life. 

It's moving.  And fast. 

Prom 2014.  The dress arrived.  Gianni casted up, rallied through looking handsome as usual.
Makeup, hair, jewelry. Testing.  Done.  All of it. 

Next up, we stare right in the face of Graduation.  Graduation you GUYS! 

Happy Monday Mama's and Papa's.

Have your written your love note?  Are you capturing these days on digital? 

Enjoy your week. 

"Live from the heart of yourself.  Seek to be whole, not perfect"-  Oprah Winfrey. 


Big love,

This mama lisa

No comments: