Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Forty Four.

My birthday is creeping up, and as I embrace yet another chapter and another year I am beginning to see how life changes the prospective within ones self.

Things I have learned thus far. 

To enjoy good food, and especially good wine.

That hard times don't last, and to expect their come back.

That you can't please everyone, all the time.

Offering apologies, and moving on is the best recipe.

The darker and drier the wine, the better for MY palette. 

I still don't like peas.

Or Lima beans.  yuck.

I do not like perfume, or cologne. The older I get, the harder they are on me.


I enjoy a good cheeseburger, well done.  With Blue Cheese.  Yum.
That staying brave is easier said than done.

I fear dying.  Wish I didn't.  But I do. 

That nighttime hours awake are becoming more frequent.

Shark week is kicking my ass.

Menopause scares the hell out of me.

I've watched friends and family completely change, while going through the change.  As one of my Aunts said..."you don't go through it, you don't get out"-  f*ck.  

Embracing pictures and moments with my little family are far more important than anything else.

I still love natural beauty over shiny glitter.
I love classical music.

I prefer sitting on my porch with a glass of ice water surrounded by my animals over a happy hour bar anytime.

Spring time remains my favorite.  With Fall coming in second.

I still question religion.

People that over accentuate their "perfect lives" or "perfect marriages" or "perfect families" crack me up.
Actually, make me sick.  Get real.   This shit is hard.

The older I get the more protective I become of my sister.

I am less tolerant of bullshit, yet trying to learn to keep my lip zipped.

THAT is harder said than done.

I cry easier.

I love to cook.

I have never felt closer to Bill.

Seems the more years we walk together, the better appreciation we share.  
I plan to try these for Easter. 

I am a terrible back seat driver.

I become antsy even while on vacation.

I am afraid of the dark.

And rodents.

I love an eclectic style, and LOVE anything bohemian... 

Late afternoon sunlight is my favorite.

I am pretty proud of myself for walking through childhood and teen storms, yet coming out ok.

I worry about my parents more than I ever have.

Homeless people and animals will always tear at my heart strings.

I love cheese.  The smellier the better.

I love bread, but tend to stay away.

My greatest accomplishment has been motherhood.

And the toughest job I've ever had.

I am an Aries.  Which means I will love you till I can't love you anymore.  And I will fight you just the same.

My strength comes from experience, and fear.
 
I love my life, I really do.  I cherish fun times, and look forward to many more.

May you all have a super awesome day.



Remember to let things go, even if you want to hold that grudge.  Just what if you didn't get that one last chance to see or talk to that person again.

"A very little key can open a VERY heavy door"-    Just think about that.

Big love,

This Mama Lisa

ps.  Mom and Dad, I love you.

pss.  Tina, I love you.

psss.  Kris and Kali, I love you.  Gio, you too my baby boy.

pssss.  Bill, I LOVE YOU- You sexy beast, you. 



boom.

No comments: