Monday, April 7, 2014

And while I rub my eyes.

A bit more.

Dang, there's something about getting away to come back with a foggy head.

Maybe it's the fun.

Maybe it's the sleep, or lack thereof.

Whatever it is, this morning was b.r.u.t.a.l.

My new theory about "just taking it easy on Sunday, and leaving like whenever...."-  is, well. Rough.

My coffee this morning?  Had 2 teaspoons of milk.  Evil fart heads that do that to me again?

No lunch for Kali today.  Not out of spite, just more out of ....go with the flow. this is life.

Her parents got away.

I took a few pictures.  But the most important were my birdies.  Compliments of them.  And family.

Thursday started off beautiful.  Work held us down like a tight seat belt on a roller coaster.  I slipped out first, and soon Bill followed.  Our trip on the first sets of freeways is most always a little quiet.  As we sort anything we may have forgotten.   We ALWAYS High Five eachother though.

Down the 15, into Del Taco, our same traditional seat.  Back on the road, where we meet the 40.
A call comes in.  On the speaker in the truck.  "Dad, is Mom there.  Yea, K..I'm here, what's up?"-
"Take me off speaker please"-

Kali:  Mom, while I was inside Party City getting Gio's balloons, some lady came in and asked who's white VW that was in the parking lot.  Someone had hit the bumper pretty hard, and left.

Me:  Are you ok?  Don't worry, honey just do the paperwork with the guy and make sure you get everything from that lady.

That good Samaritan that not only got the license plate, but hung out to make sure all was good, has some sweet Karma coming her way.  I'm only bummed we didn't get her phone number.  I always let Kali take my car when I'm out of town, or whenever.  My thought is, white car, better visual at night while she makes her way home.  BUT in this case.  Ghetto is ghetto, and people hit and run, all day long.   #KARMA.

Today I will spend some moments with the LBPD, finding out where this Blue Toyota Solara resides.
Soon, probably finding out they have no insurance. We all know the drill. But still. If the damage wasn't too visible, I'd leave it.  But it's not.  Which would just brew my insides each time I opened my trunk.
Moving along...everything will work out-
She's safe, and it could've been way worse.  Thank God, they hit my bumper and not my baby.


Because I wanted to call my Dad.  Get him involved.
Thank goodness for good friends, and a laid back demeanor.  She handled it with Grace.

 The first initial idea was to be at the school, while at practice.
Everything worked out though.  School, versus in front of house?  No. Big.  Deal.
Boom.







I taught Brandy her photog' skillz.  Need lessons?  Call us up. 
And because his Mom is rad, and hides in bushes.  It was a complete success.  Their "LAST" Sadies.

Kris said, "Man Mom, she sure waited for the last minute"-

Yea she did.  And while they prepped for the dance, and did their thing.  This Mama wasn't hovering.

Some other cute shots I received...

Long Beach Dirt Bags take down The Bruins.   On Sunday.
Kris and Jenn. At Ma n' Pa's on Saturday.



Twas' a happy weekend for all.  We enjoyed our sneak away.

The kids enjoyed their moments together.

Monday is here.  Work is rocking, and love will continue to show the way.

Happy Birthday Auntie Nettie, you fine gem you.

I hope your time at Disneyland offers the happiest day ever.


I will get to posting sometime tonight or tomorrow.  Right now, I have a desk covered in paper.

And this stuff just does not stop.

Cheers!!!

Ps. Only bummer we missed Kyoko and Markie's combined birthday celebration- Heard it was a hoot!


Lisa

No comments: