Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Life is like an ice-cream cone.

That was my quote for the weekend.

However, my birthday week started off with a nice dinner with my Aunt Annette aka "Nettie"-, and my sister.
Shenandoah for the win.
Wednesday we'd pack up all 345 bags of mine.  Note: I am getting better at leaving more stuff there- Bill has one bag.  That's only if he's got tricks in that bag.  Eh em-birthday girl..here.   
Excuse the grainy picture.  This was the one I sent the kids from my phone.  For a couple of days I was spoiled by my love.  Getting away is a charm as it is, but to pull Bill away right now with 10k things on his plate.  Is a true form of love, to me.  We have fun alone.  Sometimes chatty, and sometimes just quietly taking it all in.
He'd walk in and surprise me with these.   Along with a new bathing suit, and dresses....

This adorable cake. 
And a People magazine.  In Spanish.  Boom.  No worries kids, we'd soon head back to the store and exchange it for another. 3 dolla's more. If THAT doesn't scream nuts, I don't know what does. Anywayyyy.   My only thought is his embarrassment took over as he threw that sucker up on the store conveyer belt. ha!!!  hahahaaha!!!! Guess it's easier than tampons.
Before you know it, I'd be standing at the Nautical Resort next to my Aunt and Uncle. We all remember them, right? My Dad's baby brother. My Aunt as a second Mama growing up.
Birtttthhhhddddaaaaaayyy. Gurrllll.
Throwing my hands in the air, like I just don't care. 44?  Who cares! boom.
We'd head over to our favorite cove.  
 Behind my little cousins Trevor and Jaz


Love

Needless to say, I'd wake up on Friday, a little sore. All over.




"With the love of family...."



 
Easter Toes.


Friday would roll around, and we'd land down at the Horseshoe pits.  Just Bill and I.  Licking our wounds from the party we had the day before.  
NO FEAR when this is near. 
Or this dude.  Who kicks ass at Horseshoes.  

He. Loves.  Horseshoes.


Two of us? Silly, silly, silly.  Just chasin' the hair of the dog.  That's all.
Our baby birdies would arrive on Friday evening.   With these, and bags and bags of presents. 
 Saturday morning bliss.

I love you. More than I can ever say. 


This guy.





Look at that sky.

And Pippy's braids.


"Where else would I want to be, than with you....sitting right there"

 Or right there.

That egg hunt that Kali DIDN'T want to do?  Well....




My everything.
Plus, eggs.

And HUGE smiles.

And eyes.

We put together a nice bbq for our family.  Tri-Tip, Chicken, corn on the cob, asparagus, baked potatoes, and bread.  YUM!


Find Bucks.  Cutie.

Our baby boy drove up on Saturday.  First rodeo on his own.  Aww.
The smiles it gave my girl.  



Such fun moments.  Moments you can't ever pay for.  Just absorb.  Look around and smile.  
Especially with this little lover around.

Easter Sunday was filled with a big yummy breakfast.  Sunshine.  And soon Good-Byes to Kris as he headed back to reality.  
My one request was to spend Easter on the lake.  Spending the night on a Sunday.  Which is rare. And a tad bit nerve-wrecking for us.  The thoughts of business early in the morning.  All night actually.  It stares at us straight in the face.  I could see it in Bill's face, starting on Sunday morning....
 But he rallied.  For us. For me. For all things worth fighting for.

Because this life is fast, remember?
They grow.  They learn.  They spread their wings.  
The appreciate.  And they love. 
Just being together.  
Senior Year. Chapter 18, and so, so close almost Chapter 18.


It's days like this.  In the sunshine, being together, that I count my lucky stars. 
I know they do too. 











I rounded up what I could for Easter.  I planned, and I observed. I partied, and I loved.  I shared, and I welcomed hugs.  I teared up, and I laughed so hard I cried more. 
The flowers will die.  The sun will continue to set.  The laughter will fade into those walls in that house. 
The pictures will remind me one day.  They will remind Bill, and the kids.  The kids will look back on them, and laugh at their silly Mom.

But this right here, these images-these memories....will always and forever live on.

Thank you Bill for spoiling this girl.

Thank you to my birdies for the kind and loving ways.  Their gifts that are everything "me"-

Thank you to my Aunt and Uncle for dinner on my birthday- Mario's- Yum. 

Thank you to Gianni for driving up, by himself.  To be with our tribe.

A huge thank you to my friends and family that sent some of the sweetest and most heartfelt birthday wishes.

Because of you all, I walk this Earth with good days. 

They will always out do my hard bad days.


Happy Birthday to all you Aries and April babies.

Tis' quite the kick ass month.  That's for sure.

Love, and sweet wishes to you all.

"Life is like an ice-cream cone, remember.  If we don't live it to the fullest, it melts right in front of us"

Long time no blog, huh!

Boom.

This happy Mama Lisa


No comments: