Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The last of this.


Last week was my LAST Open House of High School. No more class lists' and schedules to go over.
No more cramming from my daughter to get whatever their teachers want to decorate their walls with, meanwhile stressing her out with other time lines and studies to get done.  But the main reason we attended was 1- to have dinner with my sister first.  2.  To watch my niece dance her little heart out.  The last dance, per say.
When all of the sudden, after chattin' it up with friends, kids, etc.  I look into a room filled to the brim with PEOPLE. And PEOPLE with bad breath.  And PEOPLE with stinky underarms.  And a dance teacher that wouldn't open up any other door.  Which resulted in me NOT able to sit inside, well I did on the floor for like ten fast seconds.  Out.  Boom.  So my view was the back of Dads.  Rocker Dad here had the same claustrophobia as me.  So, at least I had someone on my team.
So we did some more photo shoots.  With Mr. ASB Commissioner -

No need to worry yourselves now kids.  I did manage to get this shot of Tori. 
And this one.  
Sign me up for photo class.



Tori, you made me so incredibly proud during these high school years.

Watching you dance in the normal PAC Auditorium always gave me goose bumps.

Tears would make their way down my cheeks as I sat stunned from how fast the chapters turned.

Smiles made my cheeks full because I knew you mastered those routines.

Through practice.

Through hanging in there, even when you felt like you couldn't.

You did.

I will miss these days.

And I know you will too.

Let me know where you decide to dance next, sweet sugar.

Because I've got to bring my camera skillz to the gig.

Love to you Tori.

Happy Hump Day Humpers.

Be kind.  Or be quiet. 

Love,

This Mama Lisa

No comments: