Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The same station.

When Bill and I head to the lake alone, the series of events tend to be the same.

Same place to eat on the way up.

Same road.

Same roll up the drive way, with excitement and fuzzy feelings of "being back home"-

This trip was no different.

Just in time to open everything up, and walk room to room observing what we left behind 3 months ago.

It's all the same.

We turn up the tunes, and usually head straight to the back patio in time to lust over the sunset.

I won't bore you with another sunset picture.

Thursday night was a fun one.  We'll leave it at that.  Bill and I tend to enjoy our time alone.  But most important, we DO NOT talk about work. Trust me, our mornings remind us bright and early.  When our eyes meet, we both know what the other is feeling.  Business. But again, we just move along.  No talk of work. It's harder than one may believe.  Trust me.

Friday morning I woke up licking my wounds that "I" suffered from in a Martini-war.  The Martini won.

Our Friday consisted of errands.  The typical ones that include maintenance of a house.

Friday afternoon I decided that our beautiful lounge chairs looked lonely.  So me and my lover Mr. I-Pad headed out.  And while I prayed that my true lover would join me soon, my wishes came true.  Only this time, he was carrying 2 beautiful margarita glasses-

Saturday we decided to launch Little H.  Early.

Off we went into the world of lake land....to find our favorite cove.

On our cove hunting way, I admired the many many fluffy clouds.  I love clouds in the sky on a clear day.
It reminds me of childhood laying on the lawn looking up with amazement.  Slipping away in a day dream.
First cove offered these sweet sugars.  But also wind.  And no beach. 

This one offered the most amazing sights.  But rocks galore, and wind that would whip us around in a second. 


No lake poop during this time of year.  Always a blessing for me. Just look how clear the water is. 
 But it's FREEZING cold too.
Skipper. 
Looking down on this.  Trees down below.  


Love. You.


Soon, we'd find a cove to have lunch.
Wait for it.....
How's that?
Oh, we're good hun, just two inches from the branches.  ALL GOOD!
 Before you know it, the wind picked up.  The clouds became a little darker.  The sun hid from us, so we decided to scoot right on back home.



So our weekend in a nut shell?

Lots of pretty much nothing.  But good food, good wine, and martini's.

Lots of laughing.

And plenty of time back in our home that we've missed for 3 long months.

Listening to the same station on Pandora all weekend long.  

Have you planned a trip yet?  Alone with a friend?  Lover?  Wife?  Hubby?

Do it.  Even a 2 day trip. Time to rekindle what you fell in love with.

May you enjoy the fine things in life.  Because not all days are fine.

Some of my hardest days have felt the loneliest.  I guess it's looking forward to the moments filled with goodness are what keep the hard ones worth fighting for.

Are you fighting a battle?  Well, keep on keeping on, because just like those clouds, they too shall pass.

Cheers!

This Mama Lisa


No comments: