Monday, December 3, 2012

What started as......

A group of Moms that gathered at fields.  Weekend, after weekend.  Practices, distances, team spirit, hard working daughters.  We had it all.  We all went different ways in the last few years.  Different clubs, different cities, and different coaches.  But one thing we stayed connected in, is raising daughters.  And sons.  But daughters playing soccer.  Oh. And....


The love to gather and drink vino and enjoy each others company.  Love, friendship, understanding, and the ever so present support.  


And so Mary opened her home this year.  This was the view as we walk in.  Friday night. Long crazy, full moon, boom chaka laka week.  We land here.  Bring an appetizer, wine, and gift to share.

And so we did.  

And is it me or does my head look king size here. ?  I better check my settings on the good ol' Canon.  Darn thing.  Seriously,if it's not my nose, it's my big feet.  


And we sat around for a few hours, laughing, talking, sharing new stories, or new teams, new coaching, new friends, and life.  Daughters, hubs, kids, life.  We shared.  And laughed alot.  A whole hecka-of-alot.  


And we converted friends into Mrs. Clause.  You like?  Good stuff kids...(is there anything better than a big laugh like this?)


And when your gift exchange is this?  And a friend steals it from you, but your other bestie plays her smart wits and keeps her alliance and gets it back....   

And another bestie sneaks this to you in a cute bag before you exit.  Couldn't open while there, because for some reason the tears kept falling all week. ugh.  WHAT THE HECK!  


Maybe I didn't want the gloom to come upon us.  But it did.  And it was there.  And all weekend.  We decorated for xmas. We are ready for you Santa Baby.  Bring it.  


Where I spent my Saturday afternoon.  Listening to Pandora "Bob Marley" and sorting through what else, but MORE pictures.  


And found this one that took me right back there.  New Years Eve 2010.  On the beach. Warm.  Cozy and content.  


And guess who drove herself around all.weekend.long?  This little feller. Or I mean fella.  Freeway, beach, home, beach, streets, everywhere.  She's doing it.  She's gonna be ok.  I am gonna be ok.  Just flipping pages, slow. Slow. Slow.  Have a great weekend everyone.  Work hard.   Today I started dreaded the much unavoidable crazy week.  And I told myself, Leese, some people aren't guaranteed the next day.  Some are battling to get there, by health, wealth and spirit. But I can.  And I will.  Even though I feel like those penguins on..."March of the Penguins".  Seriously, do any of you feel like that?  One foot in front of the other, and out the door we go, and over and over and over again.  Be thankful L.  Be thankful.  Boom. 


No comments: