Monday, December 24, 2012

And...a Happy Birthday Grandpa!


The years are flying.  We all miss you.  We miss your fun moments, especially during the holidays.  The new little additions will miss you without even knowing.  Some never got to know you.  They will miss your silly playful ways. They will miss your stories.  They will miss your heritage.  They will miss those beautiful green eyes.  They will miss your presence.  Just like all of us do.  Happy Birthday Grandpa.  We'll sit by your grave site today, and reminiscence like we always do.  We'll drink your favorite coffee, while enjoying Mexican bread.  We will honor you on this day in many special ways.   Tears fell last week while we spoke of you.  By your daughters.  They miss you more.  We really miss you.  I love you.  I miss you. I hope you are safe.

Your  love for the babies was infectious.  (London's piggies)





When we talk about taking pictures.  When we talk about living in the moment.  When we talk about caring for each other so deeply.  When we talk about sharing stories, and especially asking more.  The reasons are right here.  I wish I had more pictures of him.  I do have hard copies.  I wish I would have asked more questions.  More questions to get answers about his life.  I wish I would of taken pictures with just K and K sitting along side him.  Our heritage.  Our family roots.  Today I will pack up my car. Heading to the only home that has never changed.  It's the one and only home that fills my heart with anticipation as I walk up the driveway. The only one. Aunts that take the place of mothering.  Merry Christmas everyone.  Have fun tonight. Do you open a present on Christmas Eve?  We always did.  They were pj's.  Be careful out there.  Embrace your camera. Embrace the moments. They fade way too fast.  Don't drink and drive. And always say "I love you's."      HO HO HO HO!  Soo excited Santa is coming tonight!


No comments: