Thursday, December 6, 2012

Things that make me smile....

Although I battle the blues during the cold winter months, I do find sweet things and people that make me smile. Some more than others.  Some crack me up. Some make me smile inside, and some just make me tear up.  I know you are tired of hearing of my soft heart.  Dudes, when commercials make me cry,ehhh eem, those engagement ones?...ugh....and seeing kids hug their parents, or when a girl scores a goal.  Those things.  Tears fall.  Winter months. Especially. Any Celine Dion Christmas song, will no doubt leave some water in my eyes too.  This morning while prepping my girl to leave to school and "d.r.i.v.e." herself. (Yes, I wiped her windows, started her car, and heater...hahaha) I had time to spare.  I searched Instagram, FB and a few extra cooking blogs that I adore. P.S.  Bill suggested the gym.  The gym??!  6:30 am? WUCK, that's short hand for WTF. Anyway...... These are the things I found...plus a few others...

Wish they had this little feller when K and K were little.  This is good stuff.  um....where is Barbies hand?  Just look at her face?  And HAIR.  daaayum.  Get it gurrrl. 

 

For my East Coast family and friends.  The Elf on a Shelf is a book with an elf. ...that tells you to leave this little dude around your house.  To watch the kiddo's.  He reports back to Good ol' St.Nick.  The kids must behave, and look for him each day. 


And remember my cousin who is a "Bad Mom"?  Yes, she's the clever one, who finds the cute spots for this dude.  I've found several other friends whom tuck him away in the silliest of silly places. I love it.  I have one friend that doesn't have little kids, yet is a silly head herself, and the places he ends up. And doing! omg.  We'll just leave it at that.  Instagram, yes, I adore you for laughs, that's fo sho.(p.s. is it me, or does the elf have a creepy face?)

 

Let's talk about homemade.  And crafty sweet goodness for a second.   Those extra sprigs from your tree?  Save em, water em...and top your cute recycled paper gift wrap.  The trick is the ribbon.  Joann's fabric store always has thee cutest....and cheap! buy a few rolls, recycle Trader Joe bags, and voila.  Here you have it.  This year, my theme is natural paper with owls. Red ribbon.  Love. It.  Happy Thursday kids.  Today I create this blog on a Wed.  We have soccer today, pasta party, and game tomorrow.  Time to kick some grass, I mean azz.  BOOM.  Lady Griffins Varsity girlies, we can do this.  My fellow elves, we can do this.  My fellow cry babies, we can do this.  Shelly if you read this, I hope your tears turn to smiles with memories.  Cancer sucks. Losing your bestfriend sucks worse.  Love you all.  Remember to tell those you love the same. Even in a note.  Those are especially surprising and much needed.  Trust me. Seriously trust me. 


No comments: