Friday, December 2, 2011

Where did the years go?

Yesterday I logged into my email at work. After sorting through several unknown emails, and some from vendors that I could care less about, but have to. I see this email from an ol' friend Kristine. Kristine and I met years ago. We were neighbors. I moved a city over. We still hung out. At least once a week for dinner. She'd come over, we'd let the girls play...meanwhile the two of us chatted in my little living room, enjoying the girl/mama talk that most of us love. I sure loved it. We enjoyed Chuck-E-Cheese, parks, watching the girls ride their bikes...playing in the sand. And our other fun spot..."The Nature Walk" in Long Beach. As I sat there staring at this picture of Kali's toothless smile....and their "peace" holding fingers. I smile. I actually teared up. I emailed Kristine back. Letting her know how awesome this is. How I do miss our chats...hoping that she'll call me, and arrange a dinner, or another chat. Letting our teen girls reminisce with us. Happy Friday everyone! Hope this week has been good for everyone. After two away games, one by the mountains, the other up on the hill in Palos Verdes by the ocean; Board meetings, Volleyball games..I am exhausted. Tonight we will try to sneak to the Seal Beach parade. Tomorrow early game in HB...High School Tournament...2 games, and a Christmas gathering in the evening...I am exhausted. But so thankful to be alive. So thankful for my health. So thankful I am able. CHEERS!

No comments: