Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A fine young man...the making of a "Gentleman"....

I've had a few days to digest my Monday's phone call. On Sunday evening while we all cozied up in our rooms, I received a text message from "Gianni". It's contents were asking my permission to call, when Kali wasn't around. He needed to ask me something.....Of course I responded with "No problem honey, tomorrow will be fine. Let's get in touch by afternoon"- His response.."I'll call you at 8:30pm". And so he did. Exactly 8:30, my phone rang. For some strange reason I had the awkward nerve flutter as I answered. He proceeded with.."Hi, how are you? First of all, I just want to tell you that Kali is an amazing girl...and you probably already know, but she is amazing to me, and I'd like to ask your permission to ask her to Winter Formal". After a couple of huge smiles, and excitement, I said "Of course honey"! And thank you for respecting us, and Kali by asking. Of course I proceeded to ask him how he plans to ask her...(At their school, it seems the deed of asking your date to Prom or Winter Formal becomes a spectacle of who can top who) And so he HAS plans....He did share with me. It's amazingly adorable. He is adorable. Kali doesn't read my blog often. As a matter of fact I wouldn't be blogging this tonight if I didn't know he wasn't doing this soon, as in tomorrow or Friday. So...stay tuned. I have a posse of girls ready and waiting for this moment to catch it all on video and camera.....Stay tuned. Miss. Kali is going to Winter Formal. My sweet baby, hair topped with bows to match her clothes, my little sweets that adored her mommy....and every moment with her...is growing up...these are the days.....Above you notice the "I love you" napkin sign? Monday morning I woke to that stuffed into my coffee cup. From Kali. It started my week just the way I needed it. It also came to mind while I hung up the phone with Gianni...reminding myself...he's a very lucky guy. He is also a very true little gentleman. Ohhh boy!
Our first game of the week tucked up the coast in the beautiful little mountainside of Dana Point. As a matter of fact, on the very street of MORE family!
Lexi-poo! Stopped by to catch her cousin's game. After the game we quickly headed over to say hello to my Aunt Michelle...and give some quick hugs and love to them. Her cozy cute house steps from the ocean...the weekday family love...all built around our love for soccer.....oh it's the little things....
We gave the win to Dana Hills. It's too bad, we dominated the game. A simple push to the wrong side. Happy hump-day everyone...A bit closer to Friday! Another busy weekend of course...but glad to be alive. Glad to get together with friends and family. Glad my family is safe, healthy and able. Cheers!

No comments: