Friday, December 30, 2011

Smile.... pass it on....

Thursday was a day to go play. No soccer practice, no errands, no appt's, no meetings, nothing planned. Kali, Mac and I called Kell's to see if she'd want to head out for lunch and Downtown Disney. Funny at 15, the response when I asked Kali..."Mom..what are we gonna do there?" I said...well, "Let's just walk around, get an ice cream and just get out"....And so we did. The sun shining, the 4 of us. Fun.
Our first stop was the mall. Kali wanted to exchange her phone cover. Shortly after I remembered the new restaurant outside called "STACKED"- It's basically an order yourself, from an i-pad at your table. The burger, salad, or sausage of your liking. Neat decor. Interesting ordering system. I would give it 3 stars. I think the girls loved it more than me. I am a germaphobe, and touching that i-pad, knowing everyone else has, and will..creeped me a little. But the Turkey Burger and Salad Kali and I shared was delish. Looked like that have a good selection of Brew's and Wines...but my chilled coke was just perfect.
Finally, late afternoon we decided to head to Downtown Disney. Full of food, sillyness in us too. Our first stop. The Sanuk Sandal Store. I own a pair (Thanks to my parents...) they are comfy beyond words. Just not the prettiest of all shoes....I just LOVED this sign. Last springtime, Kali , Mac and I headed to the Walmart in Havasu, and while enjoying our Subway in thee BEST people watching spot, we decided to give FREE Smiles. I couldn't tell you how sweet it was. Some people gave them right back...some...looked over their shoulders...some didn't smile. But giving people a big smile could be more enlightening than we may know. They might need it.
On to the fountain of wishes.....
Wondering what they wish for....
Until "Penny" as we call her, tossed her penny too far....Can I get a retake? LOL
As we walked closer to the entrance of the park, we all felt the desire to get INSIDE. We pretended we had our tickets.....
Fifteen. One driving, two others trying.
Passing the candy store, I notice these cute snowmen candied apples. The girls did manage to pester the cute young man inside making them. "Keegan" A bit older than them. Smiling from ear to ear. Redder than a real red candied apple. Fun to GIVE HIM SMILES. So cute. So fun.
After getting an ice-cream we headed into the Lego store. It's funny when I walked through, reminiscing of the many years ago, Kris loved them. We'd buy the different houses, cars...to later step on them, or vacuum some up.....Time flies....
As we were leaving, I notice the holiday tree. This tree has seen a month long of pictures, sunshine and many many smiles. It's bulbs were faded. It's boxes were tired. The branches seem distorted. Just like the end of the year. I pray for these girls to stay safe into 2012...that they make good decisions. That they remember to keep each other close. Support, love and grow.....Cheers. Almost New Years Eve everyone!

No comments: