Monday, December 12, 2011

"La Breithe Sona"....An Irish Sunday Birthday....

The date was set. Russ' 50th celebration. Sunday set in stone. Meet at Pelican Isle...wait for the birthday boy.
The bus. The many friends helping Russ welcome in the next awesome chapter of life. Our group have been friends for about 12 years now. The memories, the laughter we've shared. I sat back a few times, reminiscing of the adventures we've all endured together...from sailing...our 1 and only time (Bill and I get very sick) to big boat rides to the island. Jodi and her famous "Breakfast juice" while we cross the channel. The lake trips....the harbor cruising in the little sailboats on a Friday happy hour that soon turned into swimming...and standing in mud. haha!
The many bike rides, and beach volleyball days. Friends. Memories. It's moments like this, reminding eachother. 50..it's a number. Built around friends, moments..fun times...with many more to come. Happy Birthday Russ.
Our little contribution- Having a Matte for a frame signed by all....Idea by Bill. So awesome.
Elvis stopped by. Unplanned. But ohh so funny.

"Surprise".....and boy did he looked surprised. More like in shock.
Inside this gift icebox...?
Jello shots. Thanks to Debbie....haha....
Jello shots = Pole dancing.
My buddies. Jodi on left..Russ' wife. Sweet, awesome friend. Jodi is the friend in the group that keeps it all together..the calm..the organization while the place rocks it down and parties...you will see Jodi...huge smile..keeping us all together. Carmen to the right, my other crazy partner in crime. She's our spokesperson. The one to get s*it done when the world is crumbling. An animal activist & a nurse at Juvenile Hall. We all seem to balance each other out...Next stops for THE IRISH FAM BAM? The Auld Dubliner, K C Branaghans (which Bill and I WILL be back to try their breakfasts...can I just say yum?!, and final stop was Harpoon Harry's.
Birffday boy!
Birrfday boy with Jello Shots. Shock has worn off. Arriving at 2nd bar.
Last stop. Time for lots of water.
Last stop...last pole dance!
Yes...we danced. And danced......and sang...and cheered. And celebrated.
Lovebirds.
More love birds.

Have your cake. And eat it too baby....
Our gift donation went to race school for Russ. Something wild and different. Totally out of ordinary for our sailing friend. Time for some speed!!!
His mom would be so proud. Happy Birthday Russ.
The cake was delish! Chocolate cake, chilled with fresh whipped cream and fresh strawberries....yum yum yum!
And this is how you ring in 50. With an amazing wife. With an amazing support group, called friends. With so much laughter and love...that will carry you on until 50 turns into 60...and so on...and so on....
My Sunday's are vital in week planning...I am a strange girl when it comes to my schedule of week planning. I have a girl to help stay organized, (not that she isn't...she amazes me) But you all know the drill...dinners planned out...lunch planned...board meeting goods, pasta parties..game schedules...MY laundry...and just being ready. So hard for me to stay out. So I left the party early. This picture above as I pulled out onto PCH. The natural wonders of Sunsets. I wanted to pull over and stare....instead, I stopped by the school to gather another folder for Kali...I swept into my warm house..happy to be home. Happy for the moments I shared with friends. Donated love to the Wilson's...continuing our support for Christy. For the kids...and Paul...Happy that my crazy weekend was filled with safe times...beautiful sunsets...and amazing moments. My niece Tori is finally better today...(after a bad tummy flu..) I am grateful to be alive. We made it thus far through Monday. Loving the rain. Loving my new rain boots with Lobsters on them. Love the candles lit...dinner in the oven...and ready to start all over again tomorrow. Work hard, play harder!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some pretty great memories over the years! Thanks for being part of our adventure Lisa.
xo,
Jodee