Monday, December 5, 2011

Old places, New Places...Familiar Faces, New Faces...

After a verrrryyyy long and grueling week, I escaped my office, and literally drove home. No Kali. No Bill. No Kris. No Bucks. Just me. I proceeded to walk into my house. Light my candles. Tuck myself away with my favorite magazine...and chill. I didn't have plans set in stone. I didn't care to set anything in stone. I was simply exhausted. My friend Kyoko was settling in somewhere down by the parade route in Seal Beach. I wanted to join. But did I want crowds? No. Kali headed to the parade. Bill swept me away down to 2nd Street to try something new. We opted for Lebanese food. This place was delish!
We share an appetizer...and very good wine. For dinner we chose the Salmon Kabobs. Which didn't come on a stick, but still carried the aroma of grilled fish. Served with a cold, crunchy, tangy dressing and a side of spicy hummus.
While enjoying dinner, a saxophone player makes his way through the restaurant...of course you know this stuff just melts me. Sucker for live music. Wine? My love? Cold brisk night out? Friday night? Perfecto.
The next morning we were up and out the door at the bright lovely hour of 7:15am. Edison Charger Cup in HB. Here we come. We won one, and we lost one.
My sweet pea.
In between game 2.
Funny. Funny. Our family aren't really the donut people. Bill offered to stop and get Mama a Starbucks. Cute part. He walks up with this huge box of donuts to the field. That's a funny oxymoron in the soccer/athlete world. That's like bringing a snow ski outfit to the beach. HAHAAHAHAA. He proceeded to offer them to the parents. You should of seen this box get handed around throughout the morning. Finally after game 2, coach allowed the girls to have them. Kali walks up to me after game one and says "Did he really bring those?" haha. I said, Kali he was trying to make happiness, and give yummies...before walking away she say's.."Save the pink one for me"- hahahaa..
Saturday night was filled with family moments for a memorial for Bom. Aunt Bobbie hosts' a party each year, on the first weekend of December. I was nervous for the tears. I was excited to mend all the years. To see everyone again. Christine and I were partners in crime years ago in the 80's. Big hair. Lot's of hairspray. Lot's of laughter. I was so happy to see everyone.
Cousins. Taylor, Kali, McKenna, Riley and Courtney....
Sweet-
It would be so neat to see before 1980's pictures...and now. Funny
Santa came to visit. Kristopher
And Kali....
The annual Christmas Party was a Memorial for "Bom" too. So many pictures flowed through this room when I arrived...but there were a few that really touched me. One, is of "Bom" hugging Aunt Pat's horses. She looks very very peaceful. The other is her sitting on someone's front porch. Her eyes tell a very tired, very long story. BUT this one...above..just melts me. I DO not recall EVER seeing this picture. Kris holding Kali. I took the picture of the picture. She is looking at him. He is talking to her. HE was the MOON to the families Earth...First Grandson. First Nephew. First everything. And here she is. Sharing the world with Little Miss. Kali. Oh I could stare at this picture all. Day. Long. LOVE.
Santa
Sunday morning we awoke to a breakfast invite date...and after heading to our favorite little spot...to see it was overfilled with happy eating patrons, we chose a different little place up the street. Which I might say...was very very good. Our next arrival was John Force's Toy Drive Car Show. We attend every year. This day, I must say was beyond beautiful.
Our little fam-bam! And Bucksie....
Olivia Newton John...I mean Bill and Lisa. The lace headband kept the hairs out of my eye.
One of my favorite rides.
One of my favorite little faces.
Cute surprise! As we stood there checking everything out when we arrived....I see Ron walking up towards us. Ron and Trisha are Havasu Car Show friends....Parked right across from us. So awesome. Such a beautiful day....
Mama & Kali
Meet Stanley....Kris' friend Alexa's little-guy! Good boy too...
Such a fast, whirlwind weekend. Last night we all got home to close the house up, making a large yummy salad...and a stack of pillows to collapse on...exhausted....but so happy for the fun memories we made. The safe travels we endured. It starts all over again today! Hope everyone has a super great week. Make the best of it. Work hard, play harder-

No comments: