Monday, January 2, 2012

Good Bye Two Thousand....Eleven.

Another year has passed, and at the risk of using a tired cliche', they do go faster each year..I took the time to reflect this morning. The day after the first day....I am happy to see 2011 pass. Yet sad for our friends that still grieve the loss of their mommies...their wives...I AM thankful for my life and what I have worked for. I am thankful for good health. I am thankful both K & K have remained safe...and healthy too. This year welcomed new family members. Little Jio was born. My cousins first son. I made new friends, and spent good fun times with family and little second cousins on the beach and in the harbor. I've watched my niece continue to work hard at being a good young lady. I tried new recipes, and burnt out old ones...lol....I've watched Bill successfully bring a company beyond doors we'd ever expect. I can tell you the clothing industry seems more promising each day. Kris and Kali both continue to work very hard in school. I've reminded Kris over and over how important school is. Even when trying to balance work, a social life and girls...School must remain. Soccer consumes much of our time, but as I state many times over..."it will close a chapter of my life sooner than later". I wish all of you a very healthy and happy 2012. Do spend time doing what makes you happy. Eat too much, yes, you can. Drink good wine. Laugh with those you choose. Keep in mind, we aren't here for a long time....we're here for a good time! Each year Bill and I have worked out a plan for New's Year...one year of my choice, following the next of his choice. This year he opted for Catalina. At first, (only because I get sea sick...) I was hesitant. My request was a good room, good company...and easy transportation. I received all my sweet wishes.....awww.

As most of my California friends and family know...we had bright sunshiny mornings ALL week long. Saturday morning, the day of departure, we awoke to this.....uh oh....


We met Randy and Carmen at our local little breakfast pub. Kali joined us. She helped us load up the boat...to see us off. She had plans to stay with Mac and the girls.....

Fuel dock sunshine.


Sun still shining...

Still shining....

Until our little skippers notice the FOG BANK! FOG!!!


Time to wrap up....and sip champagne..."Fog-it"


Updating sisters. YES....we are in FOG!

As the Catalina Flyer blasts by us...they 40 knots...us? 8 knots. hahaaa

Welcome to Catalina.....!!hahaha
After checking in to our cute little hotel. Catalina Inn (Which was ADORABLE!) We headed to the Catalina Cantina. For lunch...and emmmm water! haha
Friends...

Lovers.

More lovers...

Beautiful girl. Just got her wicky wacked!

Bonds.
Time is 4pm on Catalina. Long night ahead of us, and the FOG still hasn't lifted....



No problems here.

Carmen went back for a siesta. Us? Here.

All back in our rooms. Doors down from each other. Champagne left in our rooms. So sweet.

Balcony at Catalina Inn. (Highly recommend this cute little renovated hotel)

Jodee and Lisa- Time for coffee....
Getting ready to embark into the night....

Let the silly's begin!
Champagne left in our room.

On the way to dinner. Yes, I should have left my glass in the room. oops.

Steve's Steak House here we come!
And here we are! Best Steakhouse on the island. (My opinion...)

And THANK YOU Russ & Jodee for starting our dinner with this amazing Syrah!

On to the Marlin Club.....Good bye 2011
Time for water Leese...?


Friendship Sandwich!

Bar hopping. YES!

Interesting place. Fun. Good music. Great place to ring' in 2012!

Last picture near a Christmas tree 2011-
Stella's got her groove on!
I'm to sexy for my.......
Shakin' his tail feathers...

Just past midnight. Welcome 2012

Morning after. (picture out of order...)

Night before. GO BIG. Or go HOME! HAHAHA!!!
Or ride buffalo....
Or challenge Buffalo....whichever of the two you choose...
Or challenge your own bed.
Woke up to the most beautiful morning on the island. Funny how that works. The day you leave...right?
The guys delivering our stuff back to the boat....
PEACE
On Earth.
The beautiful "America Jane" Russ and Jodee's beauty....
Good bye Catalina. Good bye America Jane. Good bye Russ and Jodee. Hello 2012!


At first we worried of more fog. We worried of wind. We worried of the "BIG" swell everyone spoke of. Didn't see any of the mentioned.


So we parted with a toast to 2012.
And came across these fella's.....

Awesome. Simply awesome.






Our lifeguard. Is OFF DUTY.

All of the sudden...Bill shouts "WHALES"........and there in the distance....right in the middle of the channel.
We were surrounded. Whales...
What an awesome treat for New Years Day.

I couldn't believe how big they are....the peaceful sounds....




My wish for you in 2012 are good times, happy feelings. Take lots of pictures. You won't ever regret looking back on. Remind yourself that if today is hard, and the moments seem tough...."This too shall pass"- Peaks and Valley's as my parents would always say. Today I pack up the Christmas stuff, prepare for work, school, soccer and busy times. Enjoy this sunshine everyone. We are so lucky in California. Sorry East Coast family and friends. Today's highs..? 80. CHEERS!

No comments: