Monday, November 14, 2011

YES....I and WE CAN......

We all knew last week, we were told, they were told. Monday November 14th, marked the start of High School season. With that came Hell Week. The girls were petrified. They knew. It's part of the journey. No one said it would be easy. No they don't come home to plop down in front of the TV. Or put in a video game, or chat on the phone...THEY work. They work their tails off to get here. Years of working out. Kali and I adding chapters to her Soccer Life...traveling, trying, learning, experiencing...The "life book" of sports...Making the team. Making the roster. For a Division 1 High School, ranked up in the highest around. They are here. On this field. Almost 90 girls. Made it. Now....they push. Now...the coaches watch. It's not a macho thing. It's determination. It's skill. It's emotion. It's called hardwork. I am so proud. I know she is too.
Yesterday I made Kali's favorite healthy pasta dish, and cut up fruit (enough for these 3 tough days...) Anticipating today. Knowing she'd need the carbs. The funny thing as she prepared her bags, and organized her world (bags, books, everything by the door) last night, as she does...and so very well, I had my recommendations. She smiled. I offered some advice, thoughts, praise and cheers...all to get a smile. The smile Kali gives when "She's got it Mom". So I smiled back at her. This morning, as I woke, I prayed in my own little way for her....I packed her lunch. I offered her more tid-bits of advice....to be told again..."I'm fine"- I arrived today...a little early of course, with snacks packed. (I actually had a trunk full of extra Griffin Wear some of the girls had ordered) But I backed my car in. I see my sweets out there...working out very hard. I found a friend...we chatted and watched...I snapped a few pictures...and we continued to watch. We have 2 more days of this....it's brutal, they know it. She is ready. She was ready. And as she told Mama...."She's fine"....and yes she is. While I blog, she does homework, prepping to leave for Club practice in 30 more minutes...."She's fine"- Gasp! We made it through Monday everyone....the chilly weather is here...time to bundle up. Dinner in the oven...waiting for Kris to come home from school, get Kali out and back again..and do it all over tomorrow! Cheers!

No comments: