Sunday, November 13, 2011

SIX in the Morning...SOCCER in the rain...SWEET SIXTEEN(s) surrounded by family.....

Friday night "The Girls...The Group" The 7, minus 1. ...celebrated Kelly's 16 Birthday. Dinner at Olive Garden.
Kali was bummed because I made her come home by 8. Early morning, big soccer games = Early bedtime.
She did proceed to grumble all the way home....Soccer is ruining her life. haha. Too late now to complain girlie..we're on the final roads....the final planning stages. I've packed a soccer car since Kindergarten. Not stopping now....Goals. Planning. Together. Parties..and goodtimes will be celebrated for many many years together.
My eyes opened well before the alarm chimed at 5:00am. As a matter of fact, at 4:30 I woke up hearing loud rain, wind...only to check my phone with no "Rain Alert Closed Field" Text. So surprised...I proceeded to get up, make my bed...turning lights on...as I see Kali's lights go on...we were up. We were ready. Filling my car with the needed snacks, warm blankets, umbrella's...plastic bags for shoes..etc. We were off. Kali wasn't too happy about such an early morning..in the rain..but I reminded her of our cool treks to new places....we love the open road, new fields...new places. It's just getting up in rain and cold that bites at first....
Arriving at a Polo Field tucked up against the side of Ortega Canyon. Pulling down into a very soaked field...watching families slowly disembarking from their cars...watching all the sweet-peas gather their bags, gather their jackets...slowly making their way to the field....
What was hilarious to me, pulling down into a muddy, muddy, ohhh so very muddy parking lot full of water....Cars were sliding around, nice cars of course, making their way to park, in about 3 inches of pure mud. HAHA! Jetta was an offroader for the day....so funny. So washable too. Kali evaluating after breakfast....
In between our 7:30 game, our little group searched for the perfect spot to join for breakfast. We found the perfect spot. Known for their Hash-browns...I would say cleanliness would be a top mention too. Clean, yummy, fast. My Blueberry pancakes were delish! Serving Deidrich Coffee too! YUM!!!
The Ortega Canyon road. Beautiful. Lined with trees shouting "Welcome Fall"-
First game. Not raining. There is my #4.
Cold. Working hard. Making these College Showcase weekend games worth the drive. Worth the meaning. As you look around by the trees, under The EZ Up's, College Scouts, line the sidelines...making notes, videos running. Scoping out their girls of choice to consider. They come from around the nation. Making these moments, your best chance to shine. Go Big..or GO HOME!
The Mommies....
Do what you must do. Play hard.
Surrounded by mountains, orchards...and of course the cutest part of my view? Cows, lined the brim. Eating, content, with babies following them.....Rain, good clean grass to graze. Perfect.
Yesterday was Sav's 15th Birthday. What a way to start your day huh? 5:00am. lol~ In between games, with a full tummy...we sat in my car, warm cozy...our little quiet time. Kali and Mac stepped out to watch Kelly play in her game. We sat with this sweet-pea while she evaluated her eyelids and tucked away for a bit on her birthday. Sleep, backseat, backpack pillow. The sound of Kyoko and I chatting....... zzzzzzz-
The start of 2nd game......I notice this cloud make it's appearance around the mountain...I said "Oh my gosh guys...look at the cool cloud"! HAHAHA. It came down in buckets! It came down so hard and so fast....I couldn't help but laugh.
Kali loves to play in the rain. The situation you are put in, can be dangerous...it's tougher...it's crazy. But she does love it.
I love this shot of Kyoko. Watching Sav our Goalie....soaking up the moment. The fields we've played...the weather we've endured. Her thought in this picture says it all.....love love love it.
YES! DID I want to spend my birthday playing in the rain, with bruises on both of my hips? A knee that is seeping blood, getting slammed by the top team we played? Are those thumbs up to our defenders after getting spanked?! Hmmmm. Kind of sense a little sarcasm in these two thumbs up! hahah~ Happy Birthday to an amazing girl. Sweet sweet kid.
As we left, Kali wanted to get a pic of this parking lot. How the mud is now 4 inches deep. The cars leaving covered, the cars arriving just perfect. So so funny.
Men in trucks had to contain themselves. You know as they strolled out of here, it was soo tempting to get sideways. Even for me....LOL!
After leaving the field, I called my sister, informing of our arrival time. We arranged a limo for Tori's 16th birthday. To cruise with friends to the beach. Have dinner, desert and cruise through picking up her friends along the way.....Kali had to miss it this year...Soccer College Showcase commitments are approaching...it's there...it's happens. It will all be done so soon. Unfortunately Kali misses out on somethings...sometimes....
After Kali showered, I changed my muddy set of clothes...we headed over to my sisters to wait for Tori and friends to come back in the limo. My sisters house felt so cozy. Such sweet appetizers and good wine. It felt good to head somewhere and relax. No restaurants, no crowds..no lines...just my only sisters home. Followed by all of our Aunts showing up. The second thing we have to a mom. They are there. Always.
Her pink table.
Can't believe she's 16.
Tori with some of her friends arriving back. They dropped off 3. Dressed to impress. Limo ride to Huntington Beach Pier for dinner at Sandy's. Then desert....
Love your shoes Tori!
Kali missed out on limo this year...but there for arrival. Cousins. The first to fall in love before friends enter the picture.
My sister always makes the most yummiest of cupcakes. So good.

Gone are the days of party hats, and Snow White themed parties....My sister has hosted Halloween Costume parties in some very awesome interesting places through the years....from Graumans Chinese Theater, to Equestrian centers with horse back riding...to Disneyland outings..it's always been a thrill during Tori's birthday...now, we're peeking at Limo's and DJ's with dancing as her next request....whew where'd the time go?
My aunt. My cousin. Love.
Someone bought Tori "Apples to Apples"- Tina and Tori have always loved loved board games...before we left, as I look over at Kali and she's barely keeping her eyes open...this is where I realized...we better head home, let her crawl into bed...let this little party move along...as the laughter and games continued....
Happy Sweet 16 Tori. You make Auntie so proud. Beautiful girl. Inside and out. Keep up your hard work. Happy cuddle-bug Sunday everyone. I am prepping for my week. Dinners, lunches...meetings, practices, tutoring, Dr. appt's, Ortho's, you all know the drill. Bill and Kali woke early to head to breakfast while I slowly exited my bed, lined with new flannel sheets, barely making it to my kitchen to pour coffee, then back into bed again. I thanked them thoroughly for bringing food back...(even though I am not hungry in the morning..haha) Kris and Bill are at the Drag Races today...Kali is buried with studies. I am exhausted. I am truly exhausted today. Still waiting for my 3rd cup of coffee to kick in. I have lots and lots to do. Come on energy. Cheers everyone. Be safe. Be happy. Find the happy moments in each day if things seem tough. It's almost Thanksgiving. So exciting! Gobble Gobble

No comments: