Friday, November 11, 2011

So proud...so thankful....11-11-11

As I entered onto the freeway this morning after enjoying a nice little Starbucks date with Bill sitting so close to the ocean...sipping my latte in good conversation together....talking work, talking K & K....talking plans on our new kitchen planning, and cabinets....watching the sun make it's way through the clouds.....I was so relieved that traffic was so light....what I didn't really absorb until the music playing in my ears became more emotional for me...was...TODAY...Veteran's Day. People sacrificed their lives for me. People continue to fight as I sit here and blog...as I was entering that freeway with no traffic...because banks, schools and government buildings were closed...it never dawned on me until I listened to the news...read the front page of the paper...until I seen a fallen soldier being returned home in Texas today to his family. A Veteran is a HERO. Young, old, past and present.
Many HERO'S. Many Veterans.
God Bless America.

No comments: