Thursday, November 10, 2011

KICK-OFF Done. High School Soccer....Are we ready?!

Our High School soccer program involves many many hours of prep. Many meetings to bring our program together, through board meetings, fundraising, practices...coaches decisions...it all becomes a flurry...right down to the end. Our board meets once a month, same bat time, same bat place...in the evenings...during fundraising weeks it gets more intense.....lasting well into the night...weekends, early mornings...we do what we need to do to get this program launched each year. Last night we had our "Kick-Off" meeting, handing out our bags to the girls (I forgot to snap a picture of my little living room puddled with blue JV bags, even funnier to see my little Jetta stuffed to the brim with them before I left) , signing up families for Pasta Parties, being introduced, and re-introduced to families again...(by the way...it feels good this year to Represent again..especially our JV Girls...I love it. I live for it. I know the time with my high school girl is limited) Coaches answered questions, we discussed game days and times...where the expenses that are raised are spent. All the chatter of what's and how's....
Tuesday night The Dutton's hosted our Meet & Greet at their house...amazing food, all the families...the girls...we all took the time to break bread....toast with wine....coming together to get ready for our 2011-2012 Season....
As I call Cindy "Martha Stewart"- She's quite the hostess. Prepped to accommodate close to 40 people....she has it down to a science....
As I put together these parties...I reach out to every single family member...whether I ask for them to bring a pasta or bread.....or desert....they always come through. They always amaze me with the yummies brought forth. It's so simply awesome. Ashley (Teammate) made these delicious "team" colored Cheesecake jello cakes. Delish! Ohhh how I love these little contributions....
This team picture minus about 4- Some new faces. Some familiar faces. Faces that are gonna WIN!
Last year I pursuaded my bestie to come on board and join our "High School Board"- We had a spot as VP. This suits her so perfectly. So she jumped on board...worked hard during our biggest fundraiser....keeps our books in order- At first, she probably wanted to choke me for asking her to join, and commit to such a commitment....BUT....as the season moves along, we gather for meetings, kickoff's....we snuck away for a glass of vino and brew before our kickoff. Just to catch up from our week...preparing for the season. Saying CHEERS to our hard work. It's times like this.....make me smile looking back on the picture. The moment. Sav made the Varsity Goal position. Kyoko and I have always been together, with our Club team and HS. Now we are separated....so we MUST get together when we can! Taco Surf wine? Sure.
Head Coach Steve. Giving his 2 cents.
Our new President of the Board. Mark. Great guy. Great leader. Was my mentor last year. Cheers to this season. Cheers to our new girls...returning girls. Lot's of wins. Lot's of good memories out on the big grassy field....We have a big game out in San Juan Capistrano early Saturday morning....6:30am checkin (for our BEACH Club team). Saturday morning. Yup, you read that right. I hear there is supposed to be rain. Let me get my rain dance shoes on. I love Friday nights. I love moving a little slower on Saturday mornings......I know those rain shoes are somewhere in that closet. Sigh.

Cheers everyone! It's almost FRIDAY! This week flew by for me.....

No comments: