Monday, November 7, 2011

What are you THANKFUL for?

The weekend blew by just like the wind blew the clouds....but it was a perfect weekend.....Saturday's game turned out to be extra sweet with Kali's awesome goal...and the time alone...just her and I. Dinner together...laughter and celebrating her play. Celebrating mommy and daughter time. Time that I know will soon be a memory. Replaced by friends, boyfriends, husband and children someday. There's a bond between a mother and son...and there is a bond between a daughter and mom....and it's such sweet moments that she and I share that I will always, always count as a blessing....We enjoyed every second of Sunday's rain. Kali loves the rain...she loves to be in. She loves to cuddle up in my room watching a movie....I had my soccer stuff to complete, JV bags to double check, "pretty-up" and prepare for Kick off this week....Just walking around my house lighting every candle I own, creating my recipes for Sunday's dinner, and my weeks worth of lunches, dinners and deserts. My heart was content.
As I look around at THANKSGIVING planning, and goods. I often remind myself again...and again...all that I am Thankful for.

  • My little family....Bill, Kris and Kali...are my life...
  • My Faith
  • My dedication
  • My friends
  • My family
  • My pets
  • My hardwork
  • My independent ways....and right to be....
  • My creative side
  • My health
  • My wisdom
  • My strength
  • My patience
  • My toughness - lol
  • My silly side
  • My life......
I'm sure there are plenty more to add...but these are a few....Take the time to think these things through...especially when life is tossing you lemons. Yep, that's right, get that sugar out..and make lemonade. Or if it's been extra tough, add some Vodka. Did I say that? lol! Cheers to Monday everyone...we made it thus far. I have a full week...as I'm sure most of you do too...it's just getting through Monday....For now...Kali's at practice...dinner in the oven...Kris just arrived home from school, my pets are fed and curled up sleepy....and I am one happy mommy....mu-ah!

No comments: