Tuesday, November 22, 2011

More than me.....

Today was our first High School Scrimmage game. The initial game is a little tad bit nerve changing...just the butterflies of knowing how each girl will feel. How they come together. What coach will say "yell"...etc. A mom came up to me, whom I've known during the years of practice. She said Megan has been sick this week and I need to pull her from the field and head to the doctors. All the doctors are closed until next week. And any parent knows with studies, and athletes, it's almost impossible to "fit this stuff in"- So....I said..."well...today would probably be the best of the days"- After all it's a scrimmage, points don't count...Just as soon as she was subbed out, I see her mommy approach Coach, and Megan. Explaining to coach, I see Megan's face. I see the face that us Mommy's and Daddy's know all too well. That LOOK. Of, OMG. I can't believe what she is doing. First game, first coach experience. You all know the drill. Megan quickly grabbed her bag, walked towards me, smiled, then quickly that smile turned to anger, than tears. Her mom just walked in front. Doing what she thought was right. My point? We've all endured this very moment. When we aren't the hero. Just the protector. Not the popular parent, or the shining star, but the Mommy that just wants things to be fixed. Megan will make that doctor's appt. Ohhh the love books we write. Daily.

Cheers to my Friday. We are packed and ready to head out. Kali showering, Bill on his way home. Lake bound. Good times, praying for safe travels. And many more blessings. Can't wait to catch tomorrow's sunset. Muah!

P.S. We won today's first "scrimmage" game too! Woot woot!

No comments: