Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Winding down....checkin' out new towns.....

After crawling through another long week....reaching out to our buddies to get caught up...we ended up here...Tantalum's. One of my FAV places to eat on the water....Especially to catch the sunset in the Fall.....With Randy and Carmen....
Couldn't get any better than this....Kobe Burger with a Cabernet! And Onion Straws...yum!
My sweetheart walked into my house with a bouquet of these flowers....oh he has always known just the way to melt my heart. Flowers and love notes. Sigh....
He loves me. I love him. So much. He remembers my love for kissing pictures. Unplanned by me, but welcomed so very much! Kissing the week behind us....
Friendships. Bonds. Keeping things in order. Keeping each other strong for years to come....
For a couple of glasses of wine....we left there contently relaxed....on our way to pickup Kali from Harvest Fest at St. Hedwigs....
Our Saturday morning rolled out in Muholland Drive Canyon....to the most beautiful field...tucked up in a canyon. These two private schools were an obvious location for movie star kids....calling the elementary school side plush would be conservative.
Elementary schools end of play area yard. A waterfall...
My #4 somewhere out there.....getting ready to get her groove on....We ended up tying this game in the last 4 minutes, with a header, blasted by Hailey....talk about excitement! I of course cried. Just imagining how she felt...then...and the rest of the day. Melts me.
Side view of our game area....
Bestfriends...walking to play soccer!

Daddy.
Sunday we headed out to La Sierra University-Riverside. It IS AMAZING too! As we approached the campus, Kali antsi and frustrated with me, (Because I stopped at Starbucks to get an iced-tea...30 minutes early...why not?lol) She quickly got her bag and walked to the field...well...I grabbed my phone, camera, and Iced Tea....and strolled the campus...
As I approached to steps.....the sound of water trickling down these rocks...the botanicals resting near by..the smell of cold concrete and water....just breath taking for me. I sat there and reflected. Over many things...
Jesus.....This statue was HUGE...
My sweet Kali...The field was 98. Playing on Turf. Which is laid with black plastic. These BEACH Girls aren't quite used to the climate. We got spanked. Coach was pissed. I was....well...glad they were ok. Glad we all made it there and back. Unhurt. Lessons learned.
As I stroll through fields, the many many roads I have traveled with Kali following the game of soccer, I remind myself, I have a couple seasons left. And just like that, the soccer bag will be hung, my chairs will be put in the garage...the ice chest will sit inside the cupboard....and these fields will all be memories.....for now, I hold on. For now, I love rolling into new campuses. Remembering when her socks met her shorts playing U6 Soccer on school fields...has now blossomed to U16 playing in Stadiums on Turf. Life is fast. Live it love it. It's over for some way too early.

No comments: