Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saved And Given Everything

Most of you know I rescued a sweet kitten at 1 week old from the shop. A fiberglass parking lot shop to be exact. The night I brought her home she suffered seizures. I continued on with my nurturing...I gave her fluids, love and comfort. The next morning she was alive and alert. From that day forward, I fed her, I helped her potty, I gave her EVERYTHING. We gave her everything. She traveled with us back and forth to the lake...as she got bigger I realized there was something wrong. She just wasn't the normal kitten. She wasn't going to be adopted out very easy. This special needs kitty needed more time to get better. As we'd progressed through the weeks, we realized she was blind. I researched beyond what is comprehendable. She would walk in circles and bump into things...all along happy as can be. She started having seizures again within the last two weeks; last week peaking at the worst. I took her to 3 vets, (2 were quacks) while the 3rd evaluated her as a brain trauma, blind, with a neurological disorder. She grew worse each day. I gave and received many many kisses, I talked to her daily, I whispered in her ear how beautiful she was...how much we loved her. I cuddled with her every day all day long. She went everywhere I went. I was looking for any sign that she would get better. I was holding onto selfishness. I had to make the biggest decision yesterday. Deciding her brain couldn't function any longer, preventing more suffering...I put her down. I sat in there while watching her exit my world. I have been a very strong girl my entire life. I have been through stuff that would amaze most. But let me just say....Yesterday ranks one of the hardest days of my life. I miss her. Bucks misses her. He has continued to look in the room for her. Looking for her box. I cry throughout the day. I laid in bed all day yesterday. We all miss her. I miss her kisses, her cuddles...the looks she gave us. Her sweet smell. I miss her. Sagie-doodle bird I miss you. Thank you to all my friends especially Carmen and Lori for their support. The amazing Dr. she linked me with. Dr. Lynch is amazing. Compassionate human being. Thank you for the friends that understand the love of animals. I can't post my latest pictures yet, as it's too hard right now. Love your pets, love every minute you can hug them. Give and love the helpless folks. We are all they have. Run free little Sage. I love, and we love you.


No comments: