Monday, September 26, 2011

Let life be fun....and FULL of LoVe....

My Friday afternoon rolled into this place. Walking straight up to the table that sat my buddies from Soccer. Friends that have been part of my life from Kali's first Club Soccer days....Mom's that endured the many games...the many travels...the many wins and losses...the friends that held us together....we've all remained close. We've remained determined to watch our babies grow into ladies...we share stories...whether it's the girls....or family...it's our jobs...it's life. And I love to share it with them.


Sababa's in Long Beach offered a few Martini's on their happy hour special. And they were....ok. Nothing to write a strong review on...and just ok....I preferred their Pinot Noir...yum. Interesting Mediterrean style kitchen. We ordered Sababa's Nacho's...which was a salad covered in yummy pita's with olives and hummus. Interesting. Neat to try new stuff....





These chicken kabob's were my fav. Just the aroma of grilled chicken. Presentation of course always melts me.



Those shot's were compliments from the bar. We'll pretend some fancy big-wig sent them over. Our server was amazingly sweet. Great service. Shot's after wine for me? uhhh ohhh. Not so good. So I sipped for manners, but passed along for my sips of wine. Water, wine, water wine...reminding myself my family is waiting for me....If Bill and Kali weren't waiting for me? I would have probably convinced these girls on another pit-stop somewhere...the night was just perfect. How does 3 hours blast by....? Fun girls...good talk. That's how....


Kind of looks like we are on a train......lol


Kris planned on heading to Cruise for a cure...in Costa Mesa. It's an event that supports Prostate Cancer research. The boys brought the trucks home. Headed out Saturday morning to the show.....I normally attend. However, soccer consumed my saturday...and with the gloom...I was pleased to stay in....lit my candles, cleaned....had my lovely cup-o-joe...and peacefully prepared my player for her afternoon game.....


Taylor and Bucks...just arriving at the show....


The girls at the field. We played at David Beckham's field in Carson. Next to the Home Depot center....The perfect day for soccer.....I loved the chill and gloom.


Warm-up time.... GO BEACH!



Playing on Astro-turf....beautiful to see...nice to play on...but if you fall? OUCH! Burns beyond burn!

We played the #1 team in our division. Not just speaking for my daughter and team, but we dominated the game. Penalty kicks allowing our loss.


Within 5 minutes to game ending...Kali was running towards me, pissed...shoulder to shoulder running tough against opponent, when it was determined one was going down. Well it was Kali. To see her wipe out within 10 feet in front of me...you can't do anything..but just say a quick prayer that nothing is broken....watching her weep with frustration and pain. Ref didn't call the game yet until the sideline was yelling player down. She was soo mad but NOT being pulled out..continued to play limping...pissed...game ended...and the quiet ride home. Big bruises...lessons to never give up....and play hard will always prevail. I took her to her favorite place for salads and mac-n-cheese (Whole Foods) - That seemed to help. Soccer Schmocker!


Good weekend for me....the always preparing part of Sunday was so peaceful. My dinners are laid out, my week is aligned in such a way to sprout for Kali as needed. My house is perfectly cleaned....Isn't this sign so appropriate for Monday? I wake up sooo early. I make Kali breakfast...I prepare lunch for Bill, Kali and I. I get myself ready...and offer fashion advice as needed for my teen....(lol) I clean and organize my house before I leave...out the door for a full day. A full week. But reminding myself it could always be rougher and harder than what it is. Remind yourself when you're tired and overwhelmed...many many many people have it MUCH worse than you do. Have a great week everyone! Remember you are loved. And love feels soo good.


No comments: