Monday, September 12, 2011

A quiet...very simple weekend...missing my little Sage.....

Kali had her first Soccer game out in Macarther Park...deep in the heart of Los Angeles. Funny to think we live so close, yet feel so foreign when we arrive in that town. Parts of LA are very pretty. So much history. So much architecture. Which I love. It's the "not knowing" where we are....and what to do part that intrigues me. Saturday morning was not much better than Friday for me. I was still a sappy mess. Any song, any belonging of Sage. Just her blankets...the soap I washed my hands with...everything. Bill and I went furniture shopping for a bit in the morning...and I felt like I was dragging a tail behind me. Just not me. It was nice to be spoiled and catered. He took me to lunch...giving me big hugs throughout the day....the sweet touch on my arm...assuring me tears were ok. As we prepared to leave, Bill drove, while I sat in the back seat...lol- (I'm a horrible shot gun passenger...and THAT'S why I drive us to EVERY game...it just works that way for us.) On this day...I just let him get us there....There was this kind of quiet bliss between all of us that day. Something that will go down in our.....well...."Remember when" MOMENT- In the distance you can see the Getty Center....the skies were full of fluffy clouds, and a beautiful breeze....pretty sweet after waking up to rain...and thunder. Sage must be having fun in Heaven. She was so afraid of loud noises...that's all I kept thinking...Thank goodness she didn't have to hear this.....





While arriving at the game site, Bill said..."Hun, let's eat somewhere different while we're out here" So he left it up to me to pick a place....Well..I called my ever so smart buddy Maria...who travels into Westwood weekly...UCLA is her home account, and so that's what I did. She said "Campagnola"on Westwood. So....after the game we ventured over...before the crowd....underdressed I'm sure...parked right out front by Valet, whom moved my car back 10 feet and put a couple quarters in the meter....LOL!-











I opted to sit outside...just to be away from crowds...and to not offend anyone with our under dressed Soccer player wearing her Rainbow sandals and jersey.....not to mention I had hardly any makeup left on my face from crying...still! lol.






And so I enjoyed a wonderful glass of wine. Well, actually 2 glasses. Bill and I shared the Butternut squash ravioli's with a white sauce covered in Pine nuts....I had an amazing ceasar salad...topped with Anchovies...and wonderful bread with olive dip-More than anything...I loved the moment....keeping our weekend on the low...weather was just perfect...counting down the moment to get home into a nice bubble bath and back in my bed....Thank you Bill for making my weekend so sweet by all the extra hugs...the special moments when you would hug me when you knew I needed it. You will never know how much that extra sweetness means. Sometimes it's not words. You have always had that gift. I guess after all the years together...you just know. You just know.




















Missing Sage. I wonder how long mourning takes for a kitty. For me, I hear songs, I see reminders around the house....I miss her. Have a great week everyone. Mine is full. At least my kitchen table is every night....Kris and Kali both studying...Kali frazzled over Chemistry...while Kris is preparing a speech for tomorrow's class. He's frazzled over his accounting class. (I must admit, some of his Accounting Topics are well over my head..and I view this stuff daily) I watched him sit in the kitchen yesterday morning...all day...figuring it out for himself. A bit frustrated. A bit proud. But most of all....doing it. Keeping that drive. Salt to the earth. Going for it. Yes. He WILL do it. I am so proud of him...and I tell him daily. I will offer moral support...and yummy healthy snacks surrounding both of them while they are frazzled. lol! IT'S ALL PART OF LIFE.......





No comments: