Thursday, April 14, 2016

When You Wait Almost 2 Years.



When Kali was graduating, or just prior to, I felt a tad bit overwhelmed.  Mentally and financially.  It seemed there were so many little financial obligations that fell into immediate priority place.  First being, getting her dorm stuff ready for move in, along with dinners, cap/gown, and I can't even remember all of it right now, but just alot. The one thing I put way back on the back burner was her senior portraits.  First of all, the minute they sent me her "proofs", I instantly fell head over heels in love. With almost all of them.  From the little cap and gown, to the awkward poses they had her standing in.  I truly loved them all. 
Problem was, they were like fifty thousand dollars.  
I would leave that email, and the binder of their so-called "specials" (insert-rolling my eyes)- to the side of my desk.  For months I moved it around. Then it landed behind my desk.  In my desk.  On my desk. 
I could not get myself to pull the trigger and order them.  Or even one.  One, being 200.00.  
I actually thought our school played some jacked up joke on us by having them taken by a place in Anaheim.  Our school is on the border of Seal Beach.  
I called bullshit the minute I called and they told me we would not only have to pre-pay them, but the shipping was/is $20.00-

And so.....they floated around on my desk.  I always try to remember little things I wish for, so when the kids ask that honorable question on my birthday/Mothers Day/Christmas- "Mom, what do you want"--
I never seem to remember things like this. 
Please order Kali's Senior pictures and only get one.  "Don't spend fifty thousand dollars" on their sick game of entrapment. LOL!

But, again, month after month I would forget.  I have Kris' picture on my living room table.  And no Kali.

Last month, I pulled the trigger and bought two.  Two eight by tens.  Calling and asking if they had ANY specials for grad's of 2014 (LOL) -  $89.00-

After ordering them I felt like a little weight was lifted from my shoulders.  She worked so hard in high school. Both of my kids did.  It's an honor to walk into anyone's house to see pictures of hard work.  High school and college pictures.  Such a beautiful honor of achievement. 
Today I had to pick up parts for the shop.  As I was making my way down Kraemer in Anaheim I thought...wait a minute, I think I'm close to those mofo's holding my pictures hostage.  
I was .02 miles away.  BAM!

Pulled in. 

And here you have $89.00-   8X10 =  2014

Winner Mom.  

I sent this to her.  And our chuckles are real. 


Kali, even though I flake out on stuff like this because I have a hard time spending fifty thousand dollars on pictures.  I am so proud of you. 

I am proud of the girl you are evolving into.  

On Monday Kali was at her Chapter Sorority meeting (one she meets for every single Monday night-COMMITMENT!) and one of her sisters tried to make her way out of the room they were in, falling hard down on her body into a full grand-mal seizure.  Jumping up to assist her, caressing her face, talking to her as she shook, and eyes rolled back.  Kali stayed calm.  Feeling for a pulse.  Talking to her through it. 
Staying with her along with her "big" until the paramedics arrived.  
A place that began to explode with panicked girls shrilling with fear.  Kali remained calm. 

After they took her away, she called me.  I could tell by her tone, she had been shaken. Yet remained fiercely calm.  

That's our Kali. 

As we hung up, all I could think of, is wow.  

She's an awesome asset to this world.   As I said to her, good job honey.  

Maybe it's a sign for her.  Through health care, and the path she walked so far with brother.  Maybe it's her calling.  

Kali, you make me so proud.  

Do I make you proud buying your senior portraits 2 years later?

No?


Happy Thursday!

Kris' counts look decent, whites and platelets dropped a little.  Up the anty on the Sirulimus, and tacrilimus tonight.  

And his doctor?  She wants some of the fish they caught.  

Life, I tell you....

As I end this post, his song just came on. 

Simple Man.


Go enjoy the night kids...


This Mama Lisa


PS-  Keep Kali in your prayers tomorrow, as she gets her little cyst removed in her mouth on her lip.  Might look like some botox in the houseeeeeee tmrw night!   #bravegirl 

No comments: