Thursday, April 7, 2016

And When One Aunt Says.....

Last week we'd receive an email from one of our aunts.  It would read along the lines of how great our other aunt is.  The one aunt that has been there for every.single.one.of.us.  On some level or the other.  She has.
From births, sport games, birthday celebrations on a Wednesday night in downtown LA at 5pm. She'll arrive at 7am to stand by your side because you're having a procedure and you're alone.  She's there.
Her commitment to family is strong.  She has a sharp tongue that would offend some, me included at times.  But she has a heart that will overcome the hardest moments and days.  She's a rock for the term "Family"-
She loves to see kids and teens thrive and do well.  First academics, second being sports. 
She's competitive.  She has the prettiest eyes, and legs of all. 

She's been a mother to me.  To my sister.  To some of my other cousins.  

She's celebrating a birthday today.  I went through my many folders of pictures this morning.  Smiling as I'd make my way through family. Easters. Christmas. Christmas Eve where we all gather at the cemetery.  She's always there.  

There was a point where she lived in Thousand Oaks. Would drive to Rancho Cucamonga for a birth of a new cousin, just because she wanted us to feel protected.  And love.
  She's beautiful and awesome.   They've become an army of protectors for us.  
For family. 

And just as my other aunt "Susie" says....."let's show her love and birthday wishes as she does us"-

Annette....."Nettie".....has never missed a birthday card to us.  To our kids.  To our parents.  To my cousins.  To my other family members. 

She never misses.  Ever.

Happy Birthday, you rock of love.  And spirit.  Most of all-------- Strength-  

For that, I will always be thankful. 


 May you enjoy the day with your lover hubby.  With those that surround you with the feeling of love.

But most of all, peace.

Happy Birthday Nettie! 

Your admiring niece...

Lisa




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super sweet Lee. Thank you for honoring my big sis on her birthday in your heartfelt blog. Nettie is our "rock" I'm so proud of her and all the smart,beautiful,and fearless women in our family!