Saturday, April 2, 2016

No Fools Joked-

Day 78. Jen would call me around 2pm. Kali had just left. So the two of them were sitting outside enjoying some fresh air and sunshine. Soon, Kris would start to tremble. Lightly at first, and something we've grown to see because of the tacrolimus and it's sides effects. Only this time, it continued. And continued. And grew stronger and more apparent. Jen would call me and I asked to speak with him. His shaking voice told me something wasn't right. Kali thought maybe a panic attack. However I had no idea. Jen, the always calm one said...I think it's getting better. Soon he'd go to the bathroom and puke. I came home to take his temp. It read 100. Then 102. Then 101. I took his socks and beanie off. Called his doctor on the way home and he said take him to triage. Something we'd learn is the best around. Bill and I loaded our boy who was a tad but upset, and bummed into the car. All he asked for was his favorite bed therapeutic pad. Backpack. Lap top. And Jen.
Triage bound at 4:00 605 South. Praises to carpool. You walk in, and they MOVE.

He had no temp when we arrived. However they immediately started hydration and one gusto antibiotic. They also took every culture under the sun. From 6 blood cultures. Adding one from opposite non-port side (to check if infection is coming from port). To urine. And he blew a snot rocket into a cup so they will watch to see growth. Nose swabbed. You name it. On it.
We finally got up to his room at 8:30. Room on the 5th. What seemed to be a quiet area. We put his pad on. I chatted with the nurse. Going over the many meds and changes, along with questioning when they'd administer his meds for the night. Jen making her bed next to him in a recliner. 9:00pm, helping him brush his teeth. Doing what they've done for the last 8 months. The hospital. Their love. This chapter. Together.
Bill and I pulled away back on the freeway at 9:30pm. All I could say was ....."just making us better and stronger"
And Jamie the nurse in Triage was amazing! Just pushed peace into this mama's soul..

He will stay for the next couple of days as they try to find out where infection may be. It could of been a cold, or flu. Someone you visit or visits you can carry something, leaving it behind.
Whatever the case may be, we are praying for a healthy dude.
For these days to pass. For love to grow, versus viral gunk.
We pray his lungs are clear, along with his organs.

I'll keep this updated as I can.

City Of Hope holds lots of good caring nurses and love.

Kris will get through this!

Love, and Happy Weekend of smiles to you,

This Warrior Mama Lisa

No comments: