Sunday, April 3, 2016

Day Eighty

Well, GOOD MORNING!

After tucking myself into a freshly washed linen filled bed last night it was all my blessings tucked in with me and more.
Yesterday morning I spent those hours from hovering, in exchange for cleaning. And like a mad woman I tore Kris' room apart. He's been tucked away in a room for almost 2 months. Something I don't like to disturb is dust, and his room. A little sanctuary, if you will.
Kris and Jen were tucked away in room 5211, doing what they sadly do during this chapter. Hospital love. Her bed pulled out (recliner). His bed slightly layered in a blanket from home. And that IV cart humming and clicking away.
I cleaned, moved things around and watched Kali pack up her room for the trek back to SM. For some reason, harder this time than the last.
Texting him with the words "I'll be there just after noon"-
Our big push, is food. What he's craving. As crazy as this sounds, but not surprising, he actually likes the hospitals Menudo. (I've peeked into the kitchen one day cruising down to radiation and I can see why it's so good) -Authentico!

I arrived with lunch, and we'd all graze from a local trusted place. He'd tell me the virus he has is pretty much "a cold"- it's always amazing to think of how germs, and gunk can make its way to someone. I started to tear apart in my thoughts of where it could come from. Either a family member carrying it in, or the hospital we visit twice weekly. Either way, it's a weakened immune system, and the reminder to him just how much washing vigorously is important. Reminding to keep hands away from eyes and mouth. And well, you know...he's trying to just live and FEEL better. When, in reality he feels like shit every single day. Fatigue and mild depression sitting deep into his soul.

I'd soon get him up for a shower. And a walk. Two laps before he called it done. Asking if he'd want to cruise up to 6th floor in search of our favorite nurse. His quick, but sweet side smile with a head shake "No"- Truth is, he really wants nothing to do with that place.
I had my normal case of the giggles when the guy nurse came in carrying the longest piece of Saran Wrap. He was gonna cover, and send Kris in with the IV cart, and attached to shower. I almost spit my water out, laughing in the corner as my most polite, and thankful dude walked him through "how we normally have it done"-- I couldn't stop laughing, even as he showered standing in that little frothy shower. Kris finally saying Mom, is it that funny?!
Freak. I'm a freak.
Sick laughter is my weakness--

Anyway, what a beautiful Sunday. I woke at 6. A reorganized super clean house. A room empty from a college girl. A purified room for my boy.  A day to count as thankful. Something I actually pondered on this morning, and excuse me while I digress for a second. I play this game called candy crush. I've been playing it for a year. I suck. But I love it. I will not pay the .99 to advance. I literally will be on the same level for months. And months. I'm still in the hundreds. Somehow (Hi Krissoffer) updated it. This morning I couldn't help but the shiny beautifulness in the layout. There's this donut looking thing covered in sprinkles that knocks the shit out of like massive candy. It's even more beautiful right now. I kept trying to advance. But I couldn't. 4 rounds. And this thing popped up on the bottom when you end. Before the next round.

GIVE UP


It says "Give Up"-

I chuckled inside.

I will NEVER EVER give up. Fighting for this new life. New stem cells that are working hard. Kris
Who is the machine, thriving but hurting. Physically and emotionally. He's broken inside.
He wants to get on the ocean. The grass. The sand. The road. Drive his cars. Smother his girl. Share laughter down in Mexico - A place he holds closer to his heart, than Havasu-
A boat. Dropping lines in the water to soon hear friends chant their words they do when something snags the line.
He's my true warrior. My hero.

Day Eighty. More med changes. Oral chemo started. TPN running at night. He's eating. He's smiling through his frustration. He hugs me and loves on his girl.
City Of Hope covers their bases making sure they take care. His doctor stopping by yesterday on his day off. That's badass, really.

Strength. We pray for strength. For love to him. He needs love. And Grace.

A quote I read this morning,while creeping social media--


~ The thing about life is that you must survive. Life is going to be difficult, and dreadful things will happen. What you do is move along, and get on with it, and be tough. Not in the sense of being mean to others, but being tough with yourself and making a deadly effort not to be defeated ~
Katherine Hepburn-

I'm gonna head out for a walk. My prayers will be plentiful. My body is able. My mind is tired but able.

Next stop, City Of Hope.

To my most handsome, head full of hair growing, skinny but thriving bird.

And the food suggestions start.....Now.

Happy Sunday Peace Lovers.

Never give up.

This Mama Warrior Lisa

Pray he comes home tomorrow!

Labs should be back tonight! First round of snot rocket showed "a cold"~

WASH your hands people! And DONT touch your face! Ears, eyes, lips, mouth!



No comments: