Sunday, April 10, 2016

When Rain Slows Us Down.

It's currently Sunday morning. We're tucked away in Havasu, alone. Something I looked so forward to this time last week. My only hiccup, was the worry of Kris. He was coming out of the hospital filled with every antibiotic and antiviral med necessary. By Tuesday he was eating full meals and asking for the next within hours. On Wednesday night I hooked him to what I hope and believe was his last TPN. Unhooking at 6. Taking the pole down, stashing the med box, and heading out. Jen and Kris tucked away to sleep a little more as we jetted down the road to a place that gives us a little slice of freedom. The freedom we were in search of was sleep for me. And work for Bill. Hearing that the highway we normally take (40) would possibly be closed due to a wild fire, he decided that another route and different path would not only allow him to personally meet and drop product to his customer is Joshua Tree, but a different path. Something new.  I've heard of this place for years. Arriving to eat at the cutest, cleanest diner in the 20 light signal town. I'd notice a thrift store. Scoring a homemade ceramic casserole dish. That 70's look that still grabs ahold of my heart. Two cute mugs and down the road we went. Before we walked out I witnessed the owner pray over and with two homeless gals.
The signage out front another reminder to me.  Remember I said how I pray for signs. I sent it to a friend in need of the same. Of Faith.

As I mentioned before, it's so hard to live a normal life with the constant worry of the "what-if's"--
One phone call. One lab result. One virus.

We'd get back on the road. HWY 62. Hundred miles in the middle of no where. That fleeting feeling of going. Away. Far.
Jen would soon text me...first a cute picture of my dude. Same spot. Bedside in doc room. Smiling through his mask. And then.....his counts....


Mondays WBC were at about 6- Thursday WBC 7.5!
Platelets 104!
He weighs 130!
RBC 3.25


Today is Day 88. He's been out and about this weekend. Something his doctor pushed to battle through this tiny bit of depression that was chasing his tail. His appetite is up (minor steroid meds for GVHD taken 3x daily)- Receiving a picture of them parked against the harbor side, enjoying lunch staring out at the ocean he loves so much.


We've been to dinners and out to breakfast while here in havasu. Something we try not to indulge in
often to just save money, and health. It has rained almost every day we've been here. The kids and I
all swapping pictures of what we're up to. Normally we pack and go Sunday morning. Most important because my planning ways have always been "get home and be prepared" for the week. It's 10:30am. It's pouring. The lake is covered with a fog like I've never witnessed. My kids are awake, alive and okay.
I'm healthy and thankful. I spent the weekend with my best friend. The man that will still hug me tight, wiping my tears because I still can't get through an entire day with dropping some tears. Kinda laughing at times, especially when timing isn't the best. A restaurant. A dive bar when a song comes on that reminds me of my childhood. Realizing I would never know just how strong or what my chapter book would play out like. Bob Segar...Against the wind-- melt me....dangit.
We had lunch and walked a boat show with my cousins. Had dinner with a long time friend we hadn't visited with for years.
Met new friends, a fine gentleman "Leroy"- a man in his fresh eighties. A story teller that has led a successful life. Still flying his airplane from Scottsdale. The type of man filled with graceful stories from the 60,70 and 80's...married to the love of his for 55 years.

I told Bill last night, I'm always in awe of hearing boating stories. When elders speak, it's just a different vibe. Genuine really. No cell phones, no social media competition of life. The real life hard stuff rolled out organically... I hope to cross paths with him again. He had me captivated.


Well the rain will stop. The roads will hopefully clear. The moments of memories we made this weekend will go down as another few pages.
Funniest being my cute black top worn  INSIDE OUT to dinner last night, then to The Office (Bar)---

And we didn't even drink yesterday! Hahahaa. I probably felt Bill walking into the room, and my freakish shy side had me slamming it on too fast. HAHA!!

Goes to show you, people don't care. Designer shoes? Don't care. Designer bag? Don't care.
Inside out black super cute lace top? Don't care. There was a huge tag out too! Hahaha
Wonder if someone didn't have the balls to tell me. Would you? I certainly would. Booger in your nose? No. Shirt inside out? Yes.

Wishing you all a great week! Back to City Of Hope tomorrow...a place where a fight you see in humanity is real. Bald heads, masks, wheelchairs and ports. They fight. Because they always know there is HOPE.

Remember to be kind. It starts with your smile. Share it, and help mend a broken heart.

This Mama Lisa...

Wishing I could stay and dance in the rain, but I miss my babies...

Ps. My thrift store hunting here landed us a homemade quilt. Another cute white bowl. And a candle holder. Ten bucks for all, and a happy mama.

PSS. Blogging from ipad...grammar errors, on full blast!



No comments: