Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Thankful Thursday

Good morning people-

This morning was one of those that made me reflect on the many things to be grateful for.



It's the quiet early mornings, with music on, after a miraculous good night sleep that I feel refreshed.

I was lucky enough to watch the sun rising up over the harbor water.  The still of the many Red Tail Hawks perched up high in search of their breakfast. Two paddle boarders braving the cold, lucky enough to be on that water together, watching the sun rise.  To be one with nature.  In the still of the morning.  I'm sure they are grateful.

The music on my station that played Bad Company, for their "3 in a row" starting with Rock Steady. Just as I pulled out on to Pacific Coast Highway.
If that song turned up loud isn't a pick me up, I don't know what is.  Followed by "Walking down this Rocky Road" that makes me sing as loud as I can, and sometimes get eyes filled with more salty water.

The roads were clear, as my mind was feeling a little more at ease.

The hot coffee Bill makes for me on these early mornings, sending me off with a big assuring hug, and sweet kiss. 

I fell asleep after texting back and forth with my littlest last night, and the fullness in my heart after she shared the nice workout she did, followed by an amazing healthy dinner she prepared.

The long talk I had with Bill at dinner, sharing our world in business, life and love.  Getting through my hardest days, and yet he watches, listens and sits quiet as I try to speak and my bottom lip quivers.  Again, more tears.  He rubs my back, I chuckle.  And move along with more tears.  ugh.

The friends I am able to call when I feel overwhelmed, and just need a girl to talk to.  A hardworking go getter take no bullshit girl that said "man leese this empty nest syndrome is some serious shit, huh".  Hi Melanie.  One like me that supports her world, on making things happen, the hard way.  My other friend that no matter what will make me laugh with her positive antics.  And always perfect lipstick.  Hi Kyoko. 

The cats I come home to that wriggle between me to eat, but love the sight of me. lol

My Grand-Doggo that lights up when he see's me, and who also gets me through the toughest days.

My son that still cracks me up on the daily.  He gets me. I get him.

The cozy home I have made to match me.  Filled with peace, love and happiness.

This life I was given, I am working through to be grateful and most always appreciate the little things.

Reminding myself, and others that we aren't guaranteed tomorrow.

I am thankful to be here today. To have my friends, my family and the love of my life to keep me standing tall.

Happy Thankful Thursday kids.

Remember to write that love note, and pass it on.

Love paves the way.  And if not, well then put your shit kicking boots on and go get after it.

Go!

May peace be with you.

Leese


Miss. London

No comments: