Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Mom, you and your moon.

Yes,  Kali.

Tis is true about my love affair with Full Moons.  Or lack of love, if you will.

I really can't stand them.

As much as I try to fight the natural rhythm of them, they become real and in my face fast.

Last night after work, I tucked myself in for the night and began to have a pity party.

That pity party consisted of out right stubbornness of this daylight savings biz.  I mean, what's it all about?


Talk about messing with your psyche'.  It was all I could do to bring my trash barrels in.  It was also all I could do to make a little dinner.  I just wanted a hot shower, and my bed.

Not to mention I have felt out of shape lately.  Along with age creeping up on my shoulders.  Grey hairs. Little circles under my eyes.  A puffier belly.  Unmanicured toes, and nails.  Just kind of all of it.
As I went through my check list of why I should be happy, and feel beautiful I sat back on my bed, and melted onto my pillow.  I meditated.  As I do. Some tears shed.  My body felt tired. My body felt proud.

I am alive.  I don't sleep real well. It's a constant battle.

Last night I blame it on the full moon.  He's here kids, and he will be here until Friday.

So, Kali...yes I do believe the Full Moon is a challenge.  Maybe not for everyone.  Most certainly for me it does.  The tension rises, I know it's path.  The tension fades, and I bow to its departure. 

I read a quote on one of my favorite blogs last night.  It rang sweetness to my ears-

So, I dedicate this to you, especially my girls out there. Feeling a little down about yourself?

It doesn’t make sense to call ourselves ugly, because we don’t really see ourselves. We don’t watch ourselves sleeping in bed, curled up and silent with chests rising and falling with our own rhythm. We don’t see ourselves reading a book, eyes fluttering and glowing. You don’t see yourself looking at someone with love and care inside your heart. There’s no mirror in your way when you’re laughing and smiling and happiness is leaking out of you. You would know exactly how bright and beautiful you are if you saw yourself in the moments where you are truly yourself.



May today and the next couple of days be peaceful to you all.

Remember when the tension gets tight.  And the rude become ruder.  And things explode that shouldn't.

Blame it on the moon.


Love and PEACE to you. 


YOU are beautiful. 


xo

This Mama Lisa

ps-Little brag moment--------->Kali has the highest grade in her public speaking class, with the highest grade on her mid term paper. now, that's a big fat boom chaka laka.  The one class she feared, she has grabbed by the horns.  GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WORK THEIR ASSES OFF AND NEVER GIVE UP. 

No comments: