Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cold Mornings. Thick Air. Long Nights.

To keep it real here, I'm gonna be honest-

I'm in a funk.

Like a huge funk.

I won't get into what is smoldering inside of me.  But there are plenty.

Just the task of getting up and ready for work is a challenge.

Tears are falling easier at the most awful, random times.

The science of a woman is most definitely a challenge in itself.

I sat in silence last night after a rough day at work, and I thought....

Where is my happiness?  What are the things that I love?
What has kept me going all these years?
Why can the dark days hurt so bad?

Why?

The loves in my life are doing well.  And for that, it keeps me going. 

Kali is getting through her commitment with San Marcos well enough, but with intentions like you and I would attend traffic school.  It's like she has to.  Sad, but true.  
She's still knocking em dead in academics.  Nailing speeches like it's her job.
Building strong academic relationships with her professors like it's no.big.deal.
She is mentioning the T word more often again.  

Kris is building his life, and staying on top of his fishing game.  He and Jenn find time to fish, dive, hike, ride bikes, you name it.  They're a busy little duo.

Bill is working his tail off--------------------HAHA- This makes me laugh, so that's good.
And keeping his head afloat, just like I am.  We both seem to dream of traveling across the states some day.  We just do.  We have this fantasy of getting in an RV, and hitting the road.  Up through the Pacific Northwest, and back down headed towards the East.  We dream. 
For now, we employ people.  Pay taxes.  Stay creative.  Hug tight when we can.  I cry when I have to.
And rinse and repeat.

And if you think these girls make me jealous, they don't. A beautiful girl, and a beautiful body is a beautiful thing.  Ah, to be young again....
 

As always, I'm spilling my guts here, and I wish I didn't really.  But then you'd all wonder where the heck I am.

I'm here. 

I Wake up. Contemplate things over coffee. Drive to work.  Work. Drive home.  Get in a super hot shower.  Make a bowl of oatmeal.

And do it all over again. 

Funk out. 

In other news.  She drove down Saturday to ride with Gianni.  Those two are working on LOVE. And distance. 


This makes her happy.  Makes me happy times ten.


Here's some happiness for the week.


These hotties (funny word check wants to change the word to Hog-Tie. HAHA-no not hog tie!) showed up for a calendar shoot.  
It's a funny day in the neighborhood when you have these lingerie, bathing suit beauties, struttin' the hallways, while they change their scandalous clothes from one set to the next.  Meanwhile guys from production are clocking in and out, trying not to look.  HA!  LOVE it!
Sweet girls by the way...all of them!

Meanwhile, I had my hair in a bun, wearing the dorkiest dress in my closet-Double ugh!! HA!

And there you have it kids.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

PS. My neighbor friend Erica knocked on my door last night, handing me home made syrup.
You know, it's the little things in this life that hug your heart during the darkest hours.  And for that, I am grateful.  Grateful to have that love. 

Happy Taco Tuesday.  May the force be with you. 

Or good taco's.
Or good brew.

Or good love.  Whatever rocks your boat.

Who's ready to celebrate Thanksgiving?

ME!

May peace be with you.

Always peace.

Lisa

No comments: