Tuesday, November 26, 2013

If there is one thing I should be ready for.

It will be preparing this life with changing traditions.
The kids will make plans, and they will have other options that will get placed in front of what we would always hope for. 

Thanksgiving 2012

When other plans fall in place of our traditional ones, as parents, you go with the flow.
That is how I am, and will most likely, always be.  
You understand, but your heart is skipping a little beat, as you prepare less, and find packing a bit off.
I've always cooked a traditional Thanksgiving dinner in Havasu for Kali.  It happens on Wednesday.  Just the aroma of the smell in the house.  Asking for them to help with little tasks, and just being together.
Like who is gonna remove the guts and that mysterious bag inside el turkey?


This year, they will be basking in the sun along the coast in a beautiful resort in Cabo.
As I blog this, she is zip-lining over the Cabo beautiful-ness.
They've sea-doo'd and enjoyed sunset dinner cruises...
She has my little camera, so capturing my life along this life has been sparse.  But that's quite ok.
I can't wait to see their fun week away.  I just can't wait....

Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving 2012


We will miss them.  Heck, I miss her tons right now. 


And this handsome feller is trying to decide on his traditions this year.  As always, I just go with the flow.  Hoping and wishing...as Jack Johnson says....I heard him say he was heading up to Bakersfield to tinker on  his new ride a little more.
After several pleads to drive up, he has smiled with that dimpled smile and said..."I don't know yet Mom"-

Which means, he is figuring it out.  And before he has a family to carry a tradition for, and wife to keep happy...I get it. I will always get it. 
Like I  preach, this life is fast, and too busy and hectic to worry about keeping others from finding their own happiness.

I will cross my fingers that he will pull in our driveway.  I will pursuade as I do with text pictures, and silly antics.  That's just how we are.
That boy has been fishing like a chartered fisher fisherman. haha.

And with that I will close with a Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Or a Happy Friendsgiving fellers.

Be happy, and find what makes your heart full.

Live, love, laugh, and go discover this world.

Don't forget to snap photo's.  You will never regret looking back.
Trust me.

Gobble gobble til you wobble....

ps.  Bill and I have lightly packed, a trip unplanned, yet our destination is always set.
The road traveled is familiar, and it's cozy.  It's full of crisp air, and star filled skies.  It's full of friends, and family (can't wait to see you Trev and Jaz). It's full of beautiful sunsets.  My favorite time of year.
It is here.  I will miss my birdies. 
It will be beautiful.  As long as their hearts are full, this mama's heart will always beat fuller.



Boom

This Mama Lisa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We can't wait to see you guys! So ready for some yummy food:)