Saturday, November 16, 2013

Your thoughts?

What are your thoughts on the whole Black Friday thing?

Here's the way I see it.

This is my personal belief, and by no means do I intend on offending any of you nuts that get up at the crack of dawn to shop.
Pure nutty nut heads.  

Now they are mentioning on the news that some stores will begin this madness on the day of Thanksgiving.

What happened to the tradition of all stores being closed on that precious day?

When maybe one store was open in a 10 mile radius if you forgot the whipped cream or extra rolls.

When you prepared ahead of time so you'd sit around and relax, sharing good food, wine and laughter between your family.

Last year my cousin and I were a little nutty in search for ice-cream on Thanksgiving night...and rolled into Walmart in Lake Havasu.
Just let that sink in a second.  Walmart+Havasu.  For ice-cream.
We prevailed.  And I did grab a cheap dvd on my way to the register.
But what we endured to get that ice-cream was everything freakish.
Lines, with carts red taped off.
Walmart people staring at eachother so stoked because that singing Santa is marked down by ten bucks.
And trust me I get that needed appliance for 40 bucks less.

But why do people get the vision that spending that monetary, rather than the sincere moments together, filling our tummies with good food.  Finish the night with Pumpkin pie and ice-cream, and coffee, or your favorite drink.

Make your list of gifts. Don't over indulge.  Family and friends will still love you the day after Christmas.

Today I am thankful for good food, and time with my family.

It's a cuddly cool one by the coast.  And...i. love. it.

ps. Happy Birthday Uncle Wade, you fine dude, you.  I've always admired your strength.  Your difference from the others.  The great Dad that you are.  And were.  The many beautiful yards that were tailored just right because of you.  You always knew a thing or two about flowers.  That alone is like super awesome.  You've always been kind to animals.  Big and small.
You love your wife like every man should.  You cook chile verde like my Dad.  You have always had beautiful hair.  You can rock shorts like no other  IN THE WINTER.
Thank you for being the other rock to me.  When you'd pick me up in the red dually and sweep me over to babysit or work, I always felt privledged.
You are the tallest tree in your family tree.  And you've made some beautiful roots.  That's for super dang sure.

I love you.  Happy Birthday-


Now go live this life friends.

Remember to live simply, because the fancy stuff doesn't matter much in the end.  But moments do.

Just say no to shopping like a nutty nut.

Because, remember those friends and family that matter, won't mind in the end.  

boom.

L


No comments: