Friday, November 1, 2013

We have spirit, yes we do!

I never thought I would chatter... "Oh my word, this is our last homecoming at Los Al"-

 The last dance to check kids in.  The last huge assembly. 
There's a certain bit of experience that bring on confidence.
As they represent their school, and especially all sports related spirit, it will not, and can not be altered.
 As a matter of fact, this year, ehh emm.  I think our Seniors turned that dial up just one more notch!
Boom! Everybody say....Los Al!!!!   Loooosss ALLLL!
Tonight we play the Huntington Beach Oilers.   Our cars eat oil for breakfast.  We will eat HB for dinna! 
As I walked on campus, I had this overwhelming feeling wash over me.  Kind of a eery feeling of...wow, this is it.  How could these last few years come so fast? 
The friends you make.  Friends that will stay in your life forever.  Some will be gone.  Some will make a difference in your choices in this life.  The roots of friendships.  Some blossom, some fade away...
ASB (Gianni) and that fine group of kids set up that entire school until TWO....Thirty AM.   
Because their dedication to this wonderful student body is what makes their title, that title.  
Self earned. Hard work. And true dedication.  These bonds.  Forever instilled in their little hearts. Love. 
And the calendar days flip over and over....and we inch closer and closer to directions.  Many different directions.  In more ways than one.  
Sara Sanger is a Homecoming Princess this year.  Along with a couple other of Kali's friends.....And so we root them on.  This hardcore soccer player, is one of the best.  And I am proud of her.  
Proud of some of these football guys, and their cheerleading dance.  Pretty snazzy dudes.  

Our entire school was lined with posters.  Every inch of the floor, and walls.    GO LOS AL! 
KK, you beauty you. 

Another soccer studdette.  Miss. Sav.....your smile is always infectious.  Your hugs melt my soul.   And your birthday is creeping up like a spider......boom.
One of the Prima's.   Mac Dut.   Love you sweet sugar plum.  You will always be one of my birdies.  

These girls....

Best friend and boyfriend.  Oh, hi Jake.  (Speaking of which...remember the name Jake Nix in the baseball world...trust me...)
It's a Thursday morning.  I'm at fiberglass land. With more computer issues. Waiting for my computer to upload some new software, and my phone rings. It's this girl.  And she says..."Leese, are you going to the assembly"?  We are meeting at Bonjour Bagels, and you must come.  As Senior parents, when someone says this, it's true..you try to wrap things up, and just get there.

It was one of the best decisions I made for myself this week.  When we talk about making a difference and being in the NOW, it couldn't be more true.
My work is here.
My work will be here.
The phones will continue to ring, and the vendors will continue to stalk me.
The parts will be in production, and the shipments will receive my approval.

But if I can just step back for a few, when it's needed...well then it's capturing this life.  With my girl.
For her future.  For this life.  Because way to often, we don't know to step back and capture what really is important.


And to ME?  My kids. This life.  And these memories.  The ones that I store in the memory bank.

For her.  For him.  And for me.

And we will be way richer, trust me. 


Happy Friday Kids.

GO GRIFFINS!  

Los Al, you make me proud.  Very very proud.  

These are the days....that is for one hundred percent....sure.

HB Oilers....you better be ready oily heads.


Happy Birthday Miss. Tori Lynn-


More on this sweet beauty tomorrow.  We will celebrate her eighteen years in this life tonight.
I can't believe it's 18.  It seems a simple quick memory that I arrived at your house on Halloween night with a mommy bent over her night stand in labor.  Her full big belly filled with either a boy or a girl.  The drive to the hospital with little 8 week old Kali in my tummy...wondering and hoping for a girl.  It wasn't until a little after noon the very next day, we'd sob with delight as you made your entrance.  Long fingers, long toes, big beautiful eyes like your mama, and a sweet cry to melt every nurse and doctor in the room.
Happy Birthday sweet girl.  How lucky to have our two sweet girls 6 months apart.  How lucky.....how lucky.....
Keep up your hard work, and your independent kick ass ways.  It's beautiful.  More than you may even know.  Right now.....

Be safe, eat well, and treat yourself to what makes you happy.

A warm bed, or a bike ride along the water side.  Go do it.

Just make a difference some way, and some how.

Go live this life.  We have one chance.

Big love,

Leese

No comments: