Monday, November 18, 2013

They get me every dang time.

(This post was started Friday, all smooshed together by Monday with love)

It is currently Friday evening.  Bill's still at work, which is saving me this slice of time at home, alone. I'm sitting at my home computer starting what I would call, a sappy mess of a soccer journal book thing.  I've always wanted to sit down, sort and capture every team. For her.  For her children.  For her children's, children.
I want her to see what the journey was all about.  What she put in it.  Why we loved the game.  Why we did what we did.  Not really me, because I was there to drive, and socialize.  Just kidding.  I was there to win.  And drive some more. ha.  

I really can't believe it's over.

I can also pretend that these tears are just allergies attacking me again.

Cute story to this picture- You all know one of my besties Kyoko, right?  We met years ago at a sand tournament.  We were both new to the team.  On this particular weekend, the night before the tourney, I started my routine to "get our stuff ready" for early morning take off.  While I searched high and low for her tourney shirt...IT WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. I am talking pulling every thing out of my car over and over, at first not telling little miss little.  But after a thousand and one checks, texting our manager, and looking ten more times again...we decided to let her know, and grab the bull by the horns the next morning and head to the sand.
So this is what happened.
Taped numbers.  HA! Embarrassing is an understatement. So the day went on, we played with our new team.  Carried on slightly awkward conversations with new team mate family members...

Fast forward 6 years.  Kyoko and I were tossing down some cocktails..shocker. ha- and she proceeds to tell me a confession.  She had judged me that day.  She was wondering how a Mom like myself could lose something so vital.  You know those moments that you look at another parent, or person and judge.  How we pass judgement, yet have no idea how things might really be.
And so we laughed and laughed. Still do.  And every time I see this picture.
The following day after that tournament, while sorting through Kali's closet that I searched four hundred times, I find a plastic bag and the contents inside...were....well, you know.
I call bullshit on the ghost that did that to me.  But whatever.  That's our funny judgement story.
And each and every time I stumble across this photo, I am reminded.  (love you kyoko, have I stepped up to your standards yet? hahaha!!!)

Saturday morning, as I awoke, I realized, I have like 2 weeks to prepare for our annual Christmas Boat parade gathering...
So this happened..
I switched on some Christmas tunes, and we got to work.  It was quite the peaceful morning....
But don't get too jealous, because sooner than later, I'd end up here.  In. The. Mall.  Yuck.  Kali had to find a dress, and new gear.  Loud music, a moody Chapter Seventeen girl, and crowds-  Double yuck.
No worries kids, we had plans with friends in Laguna, so we decided, to get goin' and try to catch the sunset.
Here.  At The Deck.

This isn't my picture...we didn't make it at sunset.  It was dark. Just so you get the idea.  Cute place.  Trendy, yet so close to the water, how could anyone resist.
Two dirty martini's please.

  Lover.
Our babies were down in Hollywood celebrating Gianni's sister's birthday....
The end of this week will close out with those two birdies above, and his family...right there.  By those arches.

"All Good Things Are Wild And Free"-

Happy Monday Monkeys-

Be good, or be bad.  Just play fair.

xoxo

Lisa Lynn




No comments: