Thursday, February 28, 2019

Those Songs.

Recently I've had conversations with both kids about gardening and music. 

One has a fond love for gardening (Kris)

Kali loves calming music (Blues)

Both of these went hand in hand as they were young.  

Our local college Long Beach State, has their own jazz and blues station.  (88.1)

K Jazz (The best on Saturdays and Sundays from 2-6)

Every weekend, they play old classics such as this

Cheek To Cheek

On Sunday mornings they play lots of Frank Sinatra, and the like. 

At 2:00pm, they start their "Nothin' But The Blue's" segment. 

It was when I'd do my gardening.  I'd plant flats and flats of flowers.  I'd change out my pots on the porch, to soon rinse it all down.  The gratification after a long day of labor, while listening to the jazz, to soon turn into blues...

My kids hold this fond memory of their mom.

And they've both recently mentioned this.

Childhood pages we don't realize they're absorbing.

Watching.

Listening.

It melts me. 

I would have a nice meal prepped, with a fresh outdoors planted. 

Bliss!

My dad would play the blues and would also take us to Blue's Festivals.

Holla...! BB King!

Wherever I am, when I hear it, it stops me in my tracks.

I hope there's songs, and music out there that does the same for you...

Happy Friday EVE!



I remember 1984, he came down and shook my 14 year old hands through the fence at Long Beach State University.  As my parents sat on their blanket among a sea of happy people behind us...

Oh, the memories...




This song, to my kids, not for the meaning, or the words.....but do you remember mama running in to the house to crank it up a little louder?


Such a great tune...

Peace to you all....

Is the thrill gone?

Fight through the hard days kids. 

Pick your chin up.  And if you can't today, that's okay.

Try again tomorrow.

Sometimes it's normal to just hurt. And be sad.

I feel you...

100%




No comments: